Cybersecurity Tips for Remote WorkingRemote Leadership Remote Work Company Resources
Whether you’re a digital nomad, a full-time or occasional remote worker, or you manage remote working teams, if you are working from home then cybersecurity should be at the forefront of your business priorities.
Companies that don’t have robust security, or training in how to prevent cybercrime, are more likely to be targeted by cybercriminals. This can result in theft or exploitation of data, sensitive information, or money. It can also wreak havoc with company systems and can even bring company business operations to a grinding halt.
Below we look at several tips to help anyone working from home to maximize cyber security.
1. Keep your personal and work devices separate
2. Secure your router
3. Secure your home office space
4. Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
5. Cover your webcam
6. Encrypt your devices
7. Ensure your software is updated
8. Keep your Operating System updated
9. Wipe devices before recycling
10. Don’t fall for scams
11. Use Two Factor Authentication or Multi-Factor Authentication
12. Use a centralized storage facility
13. Use antivirus and internet security software
14. Protect your online banking
15. Provide cyber security awareness training to employees
16. Enable automatic locking
17. Create a screen password
18. Enable find my device and remote wipe
If you want to know more about these simple solutions that can be employed to guard against cybercrimes read on by following this link!