Posted 24 Oct 2022, 3:55 pm
Data Engineer at BetterLesson
The Engineering team at BetterLesson builds micro-services and applications that integrate into a cohesive professional learning platform. Additionally, we create data solutions including the BetterLesson Data Lakehouse and data integrations between BetterLesson systems.
The BetterLesson Engineering team’s goal is to help everyone expand their full-stack engineering knowledge. A north star of the BetterLesson Engineering team is to foster a culture of growth through mentorship, personal development, and peer-to-peer knowledge sharing. As a BetterLesson Engineer, we will leverage your top skills immediately, while also presenting opportunities to grow new skills and deepen your expertise. You will also help the team continue to adopt new technologies and software development processes as we quickly reach a mature CI/CD development environment.
Here are some of the things you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Designing, building, and maintaining full-stack web applications and data pipelines within our product portfolio
- Supporting effective software delivery as a champion of Agile methodologies
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality products through the creation, refinement, and administration of standards, patterns, and processes
- Fostering a culture of growth by sharing knowledge and best practices with your peers
We commonly work with these technologies:
We don’t believe in language/framework experience requirements. Instead, we identify technical skills that will enable you to contribute right away while also evaluating your ability to learn new technologies. Some of the technologies we currently leverage includes:
- React JS, TypeScript
- Python, Flask
- Java, Spring
- CSS, HTML5
- MySQL, PostgresSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch
- Glue, Athena, PySpark
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Cloud based IaaS and PaaS
- Infrastructure as Code
- Cloud-based data lake platform services
- Formal Computer Science training, through either:
- a college degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree, or
- a combination of coding bootcamp experience and 2+ years of training on the job, or
- 3+ years of training on the job
- Comfort with leading the technical delivery of projects
- Advanced experience building software systems composed of multiple technologies, services, and components
- Experience collaborating with product leadership and/or customers to create technical solution designs and implementation roadmaps
- Advanced knowledge in one or more frameworks or programming languages
- Experience building multiple small-to-medium (6-12 weeks) or at least one large-scale (13-26 weeks) software project using a variety of technologies
What We Can Offer You
- Remote-first work.
- A flexible schedule and open vacation policy.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- The opportunity to spend every day working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that’s personalized and continuous -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
Please mention the word **FAVORITED** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok