Posted 29 Sept 2022, 11:07 pm
Product Designer at Metabase
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
And those companies choose us because we’re more enjoyable to use. We’ve gotten here by focusing on continuously improving the product without making it harder to use, through a deep integration between design and technical work. Our designers collaborate with product managers, engineers, and others designers in teams that focus on one core area or theme for two months at a time to allow the space to find deeper solutions to core problems. We’re focused on "better," not "more."
We have a special culture here that really values design, and that habitually says "no" to shipping things that aren’t above our quality bar. You’ll love it here if you want to work on design problems that will challenge your intellect, without having to compromise on the quality of what you ship.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning design projects from initial solution explorations to shipping the final, beautiful thing side-by-side with engineers.
- Developing deep understanding of our users and their problems from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proactively finding and proposing ways to make every part of the product more joyful to use.
- Making decisions that directly impact the happiness and productivity of scores of people around the world.
We’re looking for designers who…
- Have 5+ years of experience designing Web or SaaS applications in complex or technical spaces like dev tools, data visualization, biotech, etc.
- Are curious, eager, and able to understand the technical underpinnings of a problem in service of finding elegant solutions
- Seek solutions to root causes rather than applying UI band-aids and knobs
- Prevent "perfect" from being the enemy of "great," and are biased towards shipping in order to learn and deliver value
- Know that requesting and giving feedback are the best way to up-level their work and others’
- Are excited to work asynchronously with a global team
Skills and experience
- Experience designing fairly technical and deep web applications
- Able to consistently deliver beautiful, thoughtful final designs
- Strong ability to craft clear narratives and paint a vision that builds understanding and alignment within a team
- Can break down complex problems into smaller parts and find ways to sequence and ship things incrementally and iteratively.
- Possess a mature design process that focuses on identifying core user problems, and exploring novel and distinct ways to solve them.
- Strong written communication skills to aid in requesting feedback, explaining explorations, and defining designs.
We're a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers.
We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development.
We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.
Please mention the word **CONSIDERATE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok