Posted 24 Apr 2022, 8:13 am
Full Stack Software Engineer at Rephonic
Hello 👋 We’re looking for a part-time full-stack software engineer to join us at Rephonic — a fast-growing SaaS startup in the podcasting space. The role is part-time for 3 days per week but it could grow into a full-time role (only if you’re open to that, no pressure).
This role is flexible and asynchronous, so it’s perfect for a digital nomad, a new parent, or someone pursuing other interests or a side hustle. You can spread the hours throughout the week however you like. We’re headquartered in the UK but the company is fully remote with staff spread all over the world.
Our mission is to build the best outreach and research database for podcasts (and perhaps, in the future, other spoken word mediums like Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces). The goal is to model the entire podcast industry and that means collecting and transforming a lot of disparate data and visualizing it in a useful, friendly format.
If you love podcasts and/or data then this role could be ideal for you.
You should have strong skills in at least one of either React or Python and be open to learning about any pieces that you’re missing from the list below.
- React / Next.js
- 👍 A motivated self-starter who’s comfortable working without too much day-to-day supervision
- 🎧 Someone who (at least occasionally!) listens to podcasts
- 🤓 A bit of data geek (we collect and transform a lot of it)
- 🚀 Excited by the idea of working at a tech startup
- 💬 Comfortable working in a remote, asynchronous team environment with mostly chat-based communication
You’ll take responsibility for substantial parts of our development and ship new features from scratch.
Some examples of features you might build:
- Add podcast chart rankings from Spotify
- Figure out how to summarise every podcast to 2-3 topics
- Build a simple "Google Trends for podcasts" tool using our data
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Availability for at least 3 days per week (i.e. 3 x 8 hours, so 24 hours in total) but you can split and spread the hours throughout the week, however you like
- Strong written English skills (Native English is preferred)
- Must be located in a UK/European/Asian/African time zone
- This is a contract role so you’ll need to be registered as a freelancer (or similar) and be able to issue invoices to the company
- You code on a Linux or macOS machine
$50,000 per year (USD, equivalent to ~$80k full-time)
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok