Posted 4 Jun 2022, 3:21 pm
Full stack Developer at Laterpress
Laterpress is a toolkit for indie authors to publish directly to – and make money directly from – readers via their own branded website.
When authors publish to online marketplaces like Amazon Kindle or Wattpad, their readers have an indirect relationship with them. The e-reader, app, or website readers use to read each author's book is branded to those companies, and those companies have total control over the experience, including how (or even if) readers are charged and what each author earns.
At Laterpress, we believe in a different and better future for authors. Readers want a direct connection with the authors they love, not with a company or marketplace. And authors deserve to control their relationship with readers. That’s why Laterpress is building the complete toolkit for direct book publishing.
- We're small: Like really small. And we plan to stay that way for as long as possible. That's because we believe small teams can build big things without diluting themselves or sacrificing their independence.
- We're bootstrapped — and well-funded: Laterpress was founded by a serial entrepreneur with a track record of success. We know it takes years, not months, to build an impactful product, and we have the funding to do exactly that.
- We're author-governed: Laterpress is serious about building a different kind of book publishing platform — one that's accountable to the authors who use it. That's why on day one we launched our author working group to help give authors a real voice.
- We loooove stories: Seriously. We're passionate about helping authors fill the world with more and better stories.
The job of Software Engineer is to write awesome code – and fast.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- Production experience as a fullstack software developer
- Prior experience at a small startup / desire to be an entrepreneur
- 2+ years of production experience as a software developer
- Previous experience with Next.js, React, Node.js, and/or AWS
What we're offering
- Compensation: $160,000
- Equity: 4% - 6%
- Lots of flexibility around workdays and time off
- Remote or in Brooklyn, NY
Be sure to mention the word **COMPASSION** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human / RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok