Posted 3 Jun 2022, 9:30 am
Staff Software Engineer Architecture at Ad Hoc Team
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a senior-level Staff Platform Engineer. The ideal candidate will have deep experience developing and maintaining large-scale production platform systems in modern agile development environments. They know how to design and build mature, robust developer ecosystems. They’ve worked with multi-tenant systems and understand how they work under the hood. They’re comfortable building systems where developers will be the primary users, and they understand how to build relationships with those developer-users and application teams. They can write well structured, tested, and secure application code with little feedback or guidance, preferably in a Rails-based environment, and they have the devops understanding to know how to code gets to production these days.
What you'll do
- Architect and design robust systems to interface with both modern and legacy systems
- Build systems and tooling that best support application developers building applications for veterans
- Turn ambiguous ideas and plans into working prototypes and then into production-ready systems
- Collaborate with application teams who depend on your platform, with intent to improve your platform based on those application teams’ needs
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Have the ability to coach and mentor team members, as well as lead teams
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What you'll bring
- Experience designing and building well-structured, reliable, maintainable and robust developer ecosystems in a complex problem domain.
- Experience with multi-tenant services that integrate with external dependencies and data sources.
- An understanding of how to build relationships with developers and application teams to further iterative platform improvements.
- Experience working on a PaaS, SaaS, or as part of a large internal platform team
- Experience building tools for a developer community
- The ability to write in-depth yet readable documentation allowing third-party developers to build on your platform quickly and easily.
- The ability to evangelize your platform verbally and in writing to other developers and to key stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of DevOps concepts
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and modern cloud deployment infrastructure. Experience with Amazon GovCloud or GSA’s cloud.gov is a bonus.
- Experience with government ATOs, security and compliance would be a plus, too.
More than that, our ideal candidate wants to contribute to work that is bigger than themselves, and wants to make a difference collaborating with their team. They care deeply about building better products, better relationships, and better trust in each interaction people have with their government. They believe in intuitive, easy-to-use government services. They collaborate well with designers, stakeholders, and other teams. They mentor and guide more junior engineers. They’re human-centered.
And if you don’t check every box on the list? That doesn’t mean you can’t help us in our mission to deliver critical government services. Talk to us!
Some basic requirements
- All work must be conducted within the U.S., excluding U.S. territories. Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
- As a government contractor, you may be required to obtain a public trust security clearance.
- Minimum 5 years of professional software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical Discipline.
- Substitutions: a minimum of 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Our technical screening involves completing a homework assignment that is then graded blind to remove bias. We do not do tricky, unreliable whiteboarding tests. You can read more about our homework here.
Learn more about engineering at Ad Hoc.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $113,900 - $149,040 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Be sure to mention the word **AFFINITY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human / RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok