Posted 1 Feb 2024, 7:00 pm
Full Stack Engineer at Chord
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to elevate Chord as the leader in customer data platforms. You’ll join a growing team that is building a platform to empower modern and omnichannel brands with smart technology, unique customer experiences, and insightful data.
In this role, you will be responsible for building Chord’s storefront data SDK, which captures customer behavior on merchant’s ecommerce stores and feeds it into our data warehouse. You will also have an opportunity to expand our data reporting and administration portal, where merchants view key performance metrics necessary to grow their revenue.
This is a perfect opportunity for engineers who thrive on big data problems; using data to generate insights that lead to actions. As an early-stage technology startup, you will have an opportunity to influence the culture and practices of the Engineering team. You will have an instrumental role in the design and implementation of our flagship products. If you’re curious, willing to learn, humble, and a good team player, you’ll be at home here at Chord.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will be a key member of the Engineering team and will report to the Engineering Manager. You will work in a group with senior and principal engineers responsible for the end-to-end development of Chord’s software products. You will also regularly collaborate with members of our Product and Customer Success teams to contribute to product design and support customers.
Chord offers advanced technology for modern brands that want amazing customer experiences and unified data without a large engineering team. We like to think of our product as the tech engine for high-velocity e-commerce growth. Backed by top investors, Chord is a SaaS company led by industry veterans, and we’re seeking smart, focused, creative talent to help us realize our vision.
Our company is proudly remote-first, distributed across North America.\n
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will:
- Design, build, and grow our proprietary storefront data capture SDK.
- Design, build, and grow our analytics and data management platform.
- Support projects to launch customers onto Chord’s platforms.
- Analyze and resolve technical issues that arise during production operations.
- Contribute to technical design discussions and proposals that improve our team's culture, processes, or architecture.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional project and operations team to execute product plans and achieve company goals.
- Learn and practice Chord’s engineering principles through pairing sessions with developers.
- Support the growth of engineers around you.
- Contribute to tutorials and documentation that our customers will love using.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A reputation for being inclusive, curious, entrepreneurial, and thoughtful.
- Experience working with Node and React/Redux-based frameworks.
- Skill in authoring and maintaining GraphQL or RESTful-based APIs.
- Expertise in writing tests with tools such as Jest, Cypress, and React Testing Library.
- Experience publishing and maintaining JS libraries.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools like Github, Sentry, and CircleCI.
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails and common frameworks/integrations such as Solidus, RSpec, FactoryBot.
- DevOps experience with Heroku, AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, RDS).
- Experience creating metrics and monitors in Datadog.
- Experience with static website libraries such as Gatsby and NextJS.
- Skill in building integrations using middleware platforms such as Segment.
- Background working with payment processors such as Stripe and Braintree.
- Familiarity with modern CMS systems like Contentful or Sanity.
- Hands-on experience with complex ecommerce experience is a big plus.
Working at Chord, you can expect:
- An investment in your physical and mental well-being; we offer 100% employee Medical Benefits coverage, with 69% dependant coverage.
- Flexible PTO; we encourage you to take the time you need to be your best self at work.
- An onboarding package and annual work from home stipend to ensure you have everything you need to be successful while working remote.
- Generous Parental Leave with customizable transition back to work program.
- To make an impact! We’re an early-stage company, which means there is space to champion ideas, and create and lead initiatives at any level in the Organization.
- The benefits of working from home, with opportunities to spend quality time with the team at Chord in-person events throughout the year.
About your application and the interview process
Chord is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still encourage you to apply.
Our interview process for the role begins with an exploratory conversation with the Hiring Manager. After that, we’ll invite you to a Zoom session with a range of stakeholders from across our organization. We aim to get to know you and allow you to learn more about our team and product while being respectful of your time.
Please mention the word **SMARTLY** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok