Posted 9 Dec 2023, 0:10 am
Senior Engineer Performance and Cost Optimization at OpenTable
With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated engineer to join the Infrastructure Engineering team to improve the performance of OpenTable’s computing infrastructure and optimize it for the cost.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze each Engineering team’s infrastructure resource usage patterns and identify areas of inefficiencies for performance and cost optimization
- Develop dashboards and visualizations that will help teams better manage resources
- Continuously monitor and analyze usage data to identify new opportunities for optimization
- Analyze production workloads and develop tools to profile the performance of services at runtime
- Design, develop, and enhance tooling to optimize for performance and cost
Please apply if:
- Proficiency in data analysis tools (SQL, Python) and the ability to analyze sophisticated data sets
- Experience in financial analysis and modeling
- Ability to create and communicate cost optimization recommendations with Engineering teams
- Experiences with Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong database fundamentals
- Expertise in identifying and analyzing performance bottlenecks
- Solid understanding of Linux OS and systems concepts
- Work experiences in both cloud and on-prem environments
- 5+ years of work experience in finance operations, data analytics, data science, or related fields
- 5+ years of hands-on software and/or infrastructure engineering experience
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this remote United States based role is $124,000-161,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus, equity grant; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”
Please mention the word **GENTLE** and tag RMzUuMjQ3LjExMC4xNDA= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjQ3LjExMC4xNDA=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok