Posted 9 Dec 2023, 0:35 am
Program Manager at Merit International, Inc.
Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations - including government agencies and nonprofits - use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education - Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia's Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Merit delivers efficient Software with a Service (SwaS) solutions across several industries, including Emergency Services, Grants & Scholarships, Licensing & Regulation, and Workforce Development. The key to Merit’s success is exceptional program management. Ultimately, you are responsible for managing programs that support Merit’s mission and goals. The role requires solid, practical, and proven experience in program management. You will oversee, coordinate and organize various programs and activities to improve company efficiencies, build long-term goals for company projects and develop program and project budgets. You will coordinate efforts between different projects and lead programs with strong attention to strategy, implementation, and delegation. As a highly-skilled professional, you will help our organization stay on schedule, on specifications, and ultimately on an upward trajectory of success and growth.
This contract position carries the potential for a full-time transition.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. We are a remote organization with some travel.\n
What you will do
- Oversee multiple project teams to achieve set goals
- Develop and manage a budget and operating plan for identified programs
- Meet or exceed goals in customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance
- Assess program performance and maximize ROI
- Exercise initiative in identifying, tracking, and removing impediments to program success
- Approach risk identification and mitigation accordingly, including establishing contingency plans and initiating corrective action
- Implement and manage necessary changes and interventions to achieve goals
- Maintain strong customer focus while coordinating and collaborating with team leads, stakeholders, vendors, and other resources in implementing key projects
- Produce accurate and timely program status reports throughout a program’s life cycle
- Manage programs and multiple concurrent projects which are not necessarily related or interdependent
- Foster a positive team environment and provide direction in ambiguous situations
Your Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of program management or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or technical field or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in program and stakeholder management
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with anyone
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of project management processes, workflows, and terminology
- Collaboration first approach. A strong team player who is able to manage input from multiple stakeholders and foster alignment to identify and deliver the most effective and impactful solutions for the collective
- Strong problem solving skills. Able to quickly identify problems, assess accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate potential resolutions, and to make thoughtful recommendations
- Excellent communication skills. Talent for expressing information to both individuals and groups efficiently and effectively using multiple communication pathways. Able to take into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial) and adjust communication accordingly. Strong ability and willingness to practice active listening and to calmly deescalate frustration
- An eye for detail. A drive to approach all work in a thorough and conscientious manner with the goal of fully understanding scope
- Best in class customer service. A welcoming and supportive professional presence for all employees and a strong ability to assess individual needs, provide information or assistance to resolve issues or satisfy expectations, calmly and firmly set issues back on track, and show a strong commitment to providing excellent support
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a link to our pay bands: https://www.merits.com/resources/paybands/corporate-operations
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support, and value them for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applications from veterans and military spouses.
Merit is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for our employees. If you need accessibility assistance or a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Please mention the word **EMINENCE** and tag RMzUuMjQ3LjExMC4xNDA= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjQ3LjExMC4xNDA=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok