Posted 5 Dec 2023, 7:50 pm
Head of BI & Analytics at Lightspeed Commerce
Lightspeed is looking to further bring its data capabilities to the next level, from a corporate perspective. We are assembling a new group and we’re looking for a Head of BI & Analytics to lead the team that will be on the forefront of advancing Lightspeed data driven decisions to accelerate its growth.
You start your day wondering how you and your team could move the needle and be the reference on how to use and leverage data in the organization. You slay at problem-solving, and your not-so-secret weapon is pragmatism. You know the data landscape and you’re game at bringing order to your craft; governance & processes are your secret weapons. You are, after all, responsible for enterprise-wide governance and utilization of information as an asset, using data processing, analysis, data mining, information trading and other means.
You're pretty awesome at supporting, mentoring and managing a team, and have a reputation for delivering. You will develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyze data assets. You are leading, formally and informally, inter-disciplinary teams, improving and streamlining data systems within the company, and driving innovation.
You pride yourself on being able to bridge the gap between business and technical stakeholders. Your track record speaks for itself on data management, leadership and information technology systems and tools. You bring a strong background in IT, business and mathematics. You know how to build sound foundations encompassing all aspects: technology, people, process.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Thoroughly understand the business strategy and its stakeholders.
- Lead and facilitate the process of defining an enterprise wide data and analytics strategy with stakeholders in alignment with strategic goals.
- Design and implement data strategies, data governance framework and systems.
- Guide, motivate, and grow a team of skilled data practitioners as they solve complex business problems. Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team.
- Understand, manage or influence the collection, storage, management, pipelines, quality and protection of data.
- Implement data privacy policies and ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
- Enable data value extraction, for example, efficiencies or increased revenue based on insights derived from data.
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection and governance to executive members and staff.
- Create a culture that promotes data-driven decisions backed by investigation and collaboration around data.
- Serve as a trusted partner to key business executives focused on the customer, enterprise risk management, regulatory compliance and finance.
- Establish and oversee a mechanism to monitor compliance with governance and standards.
- Define KPIs and follow-up mechanisms to ensure alignment between strategy and execution.
- Facilitate development planning in collaboration with functional managers, customer success and other internal teams.
- Help prioritize and decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items for delegation. If required, lead effort estimation for sprint and data roadmap deliverables; play a leading role in various committees (eg.: data steerco, community of practice, etc.).
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our data pipelines, processes and practices.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 15+ years of experience in a senior-level data management role
- Strong management experience in a relevant context, with the ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal (French and English)
- Project management skills: solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices applied to data related backlogs. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Analytical, innovative, and tenacious mindset
- Professionalism and ethical behavior
- Experience with most data governance aspects and master data management
- Though hands-on work is not expected, you will bring very good skills / knowledge of technologies such as Python, PHP, Ruby, SQL and NoSQL databases as well as good knowledge and understanding of modern data systems architecture concepts (cloud based)
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams such as business functional groups (Finance, Marketing, Sales) or technical ones (back-office systems, technology foundations teams or product teams)
- Solid experience delivering automated dashboards with key KPIs and its underlying pipeline thanks to solid business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience managing budgets, building business or investment cases
- Change management experience
- Experience with data capabilities in a cloud first / SaaS context
- Experience with BI and Big Data pipelines and tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI
- Experience with DataOps concepts, Data science, Cloud Infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with Data Governance solutions (Colibra)
- Experience with research methodology ideally with a strong background in statistical analysis
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence, Monday or similar tools
What's in it for you?
- Join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Work on systems that handle billions of dollars in transactions for our merchants globally.
- Surround yourself with strong talent and enjoy continuous professional growth.
- Develop in a modern and proven technology stack.
- Great benefits and perks, including equity and flexible/hybrid remote work options, in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
Please mention the word **HARMONIOUS** and tag RMzUuMjAzLjI0NS4yMTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjAzLjI0NS4yMTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok