Posted 30 Nov 2023, 3:55 pm
Director of Data Brand at Faire
About this role
Faire is using machine learning to change wholesale and help local retailers compete with Amazon and big box stores. Our experienced data scientists on the Brand team are developing DS and ML solutions related to brand acquisition, brand growth, listing quality, marketplace balance, and more. As a Director of the Brand data team, you’ll help define the holistic Data vision and strategy, develop effective processes for project prioritization, tracking, and execution, deliver significant business impact via DS/ML model and algorithm innovation, and support the career growth and development of the group of data scientists.
Our overall Data team already includes experienced Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists from Google, Meta, Uber, Airbnb, Square, Facebook, and Pinterest. Faire will soon be known as a top destination for MLE and data scientists, and you will help take us there!
You're excited about this role because...
- You will lead a group of data scientists to execute strongly on key Brand Growth and Brand Success projects - delivering 10% incremental GMV annually through brand lead scoring improvement and product listing quality enhancement
- You’ll define long-term technical vision & strategy for the team in accordance with the overall company strategy.
- You enjoy working with cross functional stakeholders in product, design and business to plan project roadmap and define priorities.
- You will develop strong tech leads across the team to ensure smooth operation of the organization; maintain healthy morale and productivity.
- You are excited to contribute to the development of the overall data org and serve as a key member of the data leadership team.
- You want to use machine learning to help local retailers and independent brands succeed
- You like to solve challenging problems related to a two-sided marketplace
- 6+ years experience in data science / ML engineering related industry roles
- 3+ years experience managing teams larger than 10
- Strong communication skills regardless of the background of the audience
Great to Haves:
- Academic background in computer science / machine learning / statistics / math / operations research (or similar disciplines) preferred. PhD degree preferred.
- Experience with optimizing marketplace businesses a plus
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $237,500-$326,000 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $213,500-$293,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Please mention the word **EBULLIENTLY** and tag RMzUuOTIuOTcuMjAy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuOTIuOTcuMjAy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok