Posted 26 Nov 2023, 4:00 pm
Principal Software Engineer Data Migration at Veeva Systems
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are seeking an exceptional Principal Software Engineer to lead the development of a migration tool that will help us move our critical Salesforce data into Veeva Vault. This role will require deep expertise in AWS, Java, DevOps practices, and cloud architecture. The successful candidate will be responsible for end-to-end implementation, including designing, coding, testing, and maintaining the tool.\n
What You'll Do
- Architect, design, and implement scalable, reliable solutions leveraging AWS services and tools
- Design and develop ETL data pipelines to facilitate the migration of data from Salesforce to Veeva Vault
- Develop security protocols and best practices for IAM, VPC, and data encryption
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including DevOps, to establish an effective CI/CD pipeline
- 12+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience in Java stack service development, particularly with the Spring Boot library, is essential
- Experience in architecting/implementing solutions using the AWS platform, services, and tools
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions across various Cloud services such as Lambda, ECS, Fargate, RDS, S3, SQS, Glue, and Redshift
- Understanding of network and security concepts, such as TCP/IP and DNS, including security best practices like IAM policies, VPC security groups, and encryption
- Experience with Engineering/DevOps practices, agile methodologies, and container orchestration such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with ETL(Extract, Transform, Load) Data Pipeline
- Knowledge of database and data storage technologies
- Must be willing to work in PST hours
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
- Applicants must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States. Veeva will not provide sponsorship at this time
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $180,000 - $300,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the word **EXCITES** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMTk0 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMTk0). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok