Posted 25 Nov 2023, 9:20 pm
Senior Engineering Manager Developer Experience at Carta
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be leading the Developer Experience team at Carta. This team is on a mission to create a stellar developer experience enabling Cartans to do their best work. You will partner heavily with infrastructure and product engineering teams on the journey to build out a backend platform, unlock launch of new products and services, and solve the developer pain points of our monolith.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As an Engineering Manager in Developer Experience, you’ll execute in one of the most impactful roles Carta engineering has to offer. Here’s a few examples of the problems you’ll be asked to solve:
- Assess technical risk: Your experience will be a major factor in empowering your team to isolate, and reduce, technical risk. You will fill blind spots for your engineers, helping form the critical bridge between product and engineering.
- Drive accountability: Building more owners is as much of a Carta product problem, as it is part of a manager’s responsibilities. You will work with internal stakeholders to better understand their needs, and with your team to create realistic expectations for project success.
- Establish best practices: Engineering managers are the last line of defense for quality control, best practices and effective design strategies. Helping your team, and peer teams, navigate these challenges is core to the problem space for managers.
- Improve performance: Your team is a reflection of you, your values, and your support. Your team will need regular mentorship, advice and feedback to operate effectively. Contributing to this space along with your leadership team, is part of effective management at Carta.
- Expand collaboration: Business unit organizational models benefit from speed and autonomy, but absorb known trade-offs in company-wide collaboration. Engineering managers are the hedge against that trade-off, bringing teams and engineers across Carta together.
- People: Carta has a great team today. You will work with other engineering leaders in the org to discover, interview, and recruit great team members and build them up into the next all star player.
Here’s what inspires us about you:
- You care deeply about software and the leverage that software brings. You can use your past experience building software to show your team the way in which they can improve building software
- You are deeply passionate about developer experience. You can relate to developer pain points, and are able to offer solutions that bring immense usability and productivity gains
- You are energized by, and capable of, super-charging the careers of those that report to you. You’ve been able to help mentor more junior engineers, and support more senior engineers in reaching their potential. You’ve directly managed teams for at least 2 years.
- You’ve expanded the worldview of your teams, celebrated diversity of thought and background, and tied it all back through successful product launches in your past.
- You recognize the power of ownership, and have lived examples of where ownership played central roles in your career- through software and through business.
- You are willing and capable of getting in the trenches alongside your fellow engineers and reports. You lead by example, and take pride in your work.
- You are exceptionally technical. You can describe complex ideas simply. You are just as capable working toward a long term road map as you are jumping into a fire to solve a problem.
- You are as hungry to learn about our customers and business as you are about the latest stack or Docker release.
- Preferably, exposure to AWS, Python, Django, Circle CI
Please mention the word **AMAZED** and tag RMzUuMjAzLjI0NS4xNzc= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjAzLjI0NS4xNzc=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok