Posted 16 Nov 2023, 3:20 am
Technical Program Manager at dbt Labs
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager who will be critical in leveling up our software delivery process. This role will have two responsibilities: 1) engage in high impact and cross-team cutting projects & initiatives and 2) help us better track and enhance how we deliver software as an Engineering, Product, & Design (EPD) org.
This role is instrumental to the success of the EPD org and will be a critical stakeholder in our technical execution delivery.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own our engineering execution tracking tools (Jira, Linearb, and Productboard) to maintain a clear view of engineering execution that can be shared across the department and company.
- Drive high-priority, cross-functional & cross-team initiatives to ensure successful delivery and business impact.
- Develop and implement technical programs and processes designed to enhance the productivity and leverage of the EPD organization.
- Advise and influence key EPD stakeholders at various levels of seniority & role type: including Staff Engineers, Engineering Managers, Product Managers, EPD Directors, and EPD Vice Presidents.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 6+ years of collective experience as a TPM or as a Software Engineer
- Were previously a software engineer or have a strong technical foundation (i.e. understand the SDLC, can assess technical risks, etc.).
- Have the ability to drive change across teams through influence, rather than authority.
- Have a bias towards action.
- Have experience in a remote-first and/or writing-heavy environment.
You may not be a good fit if you:
- Do not possess a strong technical foundation, or you’re not willing to actively learn and understand new technical concepts and processes.
- Are not interested in technical operations, program management, and change management as these are core aspects of the role.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $180,000-$230,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
What to expect in the hiring process:
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Head of Engineering Operations
- Case Study Project
- Team Interviews (1:1s)
Please mention the word **THINNER** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok