Posted 16 Nov 2023, 8:00 pm
EMEA Senior Tax Manager at Daniel J Edelman Holdings
The EMEA Senior Tax Manager role is to support the organization to effectively handle its significant tax compliance obligations and complex advisory issues in EMEA. The role is central London based (hybrid working available, not fully remote), reports to Senior Director - International Tax in London, and is an integral part of Edelman’s Global Tax Team.
This role will be responsible for all tax compliance relating to Edelman’s foreign subsidiaries located in EMEA. This will include liaison with the Finance teams in EMEA and the US tax team and coordinating the outsourced providers who lead the preparation of the provisions for the various EMEA subsidiaries.\n
- Tax Reporting and Compliance - Manage tax compliance and all tax reporting for entities in EMEA. Oversee and monitor preparation and submission of all EMEA tax returns and ensure that all direct tax filings are made on a timely basis. Prepare and submit UK tax computations in-house.
- Tax Accounting–Perform detailed reviews of tax accounting computations under US GAAP and assist local finance teams in arriving at the annual provision computations. Assist with the annual return to provision computations, identify statutory to US GAAP differences, and review and assist local finance personnel with substantiating deferred tax account balances. Assist local finance teams with the quarterly corporation tax payment reconciliations.
- Withholding taxes – Monitor, review, document and improve the Withholding tax compliance process.
- Assist and drive various tax advisory projects, such as M&A, tax disputes/audits, global mobility/employment tax queries, VAT advisory, and legal contract review.
- Business partner with EMEA finance directors to understand market needs for tax and drive efficiency. Be the first point of contact on all tax matters for the EMEA region.
- Assist with Transfer Pricing calculations and Pillar 2 initiatives.
- Essential- Qualified accountant (ACA/CA); preferred - Charted Tax Adviser (CTA)
- Approximately 5 years of experience of working in industry and a multi-national company background with proven records of covering the EMEA region
- Strong self-organization skills and attention to detail
- Reliable, honest, and having a cooperative attitude is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, meet both internal and external deadlines
- Team player, able to get on with colleagues and build relationships with different parts of the business
- Willing to be hands on, e.g. to prepare UK tax computations, check tax balances, in a small and close-knit team
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Please mention the word **FAVORED** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok