Posted 18 Nov 2023, 0:10 am
Maintenance Specialist at Kasa Living
We are looking to add a highly motivated individual to join our Portfolio Operations team. As a Maintenance Specialist, you will have end-to-end ownership over the on-the-ground operations for The Metropolitan (Kasa Sunset Los Angeles). This will include physical and technical challenges, while also being the face of Kasa on the ground.
In this role, you will report to the General Manager and work closely with both the Property Operations support team and our Guest Experience team. It takes a special person to oversee this property and we hope you're excited by the challenge!
About the Team
This role is in our Portfolio Operations department. Our mission is to ensure our guests have a seamless in-unit experience. Our team members are located all over the country, have diverse backgrounds, and come from many different industries. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about delivering high-quality standards to ensure that our guests love their experience while staying with Kasa.
Day in the Life of a Property Operations Associate, Maintenance
Like many operations roles, there is no ‘typical day'. Your role will involve a wide range of activities tending to The Metropolitan (Kasa Sunset Los Angeles). These activities will be a mixture of recurring property management tasks and activities requiring more urgent attention. A normal day will consist of day-to-day maintenance of the hotel, including guest rooms, public areas, and grounds. This includes performing preventive maintenance tasks, as well as responding to and repairing maintenance requests from guests and staff. Essential Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs, covering a range of tasks such as cleaning equipment, changing filters, lubricating moving parts, minor carpentry, special projects, and other related areas
- Respond promptly to maintenance work orders, requests, and repairs including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other general maintenance issues
- Maintain appropriate records for third-party vendors, preventive maintenance schedules, and repairs
- Work independently and as part of a team to ensure that all maintenance tasks are completed efficiently and effectively; maintain proactive communication within the team
- Coordinate and oversee the scheduling of third-party vendors and other relevant external parties
- Order parts and keep track of supplies to ensure availability.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; follow safety rules and procedures.
- Partner with the Trust and Safety team and security vendors to establish on-site security protocols; supervise the departure of guests in challenging situations
- Act as the primary point of contact during emergencies, handling issues such as guest unit lockouts and addressing relevant property operational issues.
A typical schedule for this role is based on business needs in your market or assigned property, sometimes including nights, weekends, and holidays, as we are in the hospitality industry. While you are not 'on-call 24/7' for this job, during emergencies, you will get a call and if you're available, we compensate above state requirements to a minimum of 2 hours Overtime, on defined days off or after working hours.
In this growing market, a readiness to gradually increase your hours or take on added responsibilities is a plus.
Unleash your career potential at Kasa
We're building a tech-enabled global hospitality brand that unleashes the potential of liveable space. Hospitality is at the core of who we are, and we are committed to providing our teams the same care we give our guests, neighbors, and partners.
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Established yourself as a top Portfolio Operations performer by consecutively reaching monthly quantitative goals
- Set a high bar for quality standards within your property through preventative maintenance upkeep and housekeeping collaboration efforts
- Become an invaluable resource to our team, beyond your knowledge of property-specific operations
- Supported successful expansion efforts and critical cross-departmental Kasa projects
- 1-2 years of experience in general maintenance, facilities support, or related field, in the hotel, multi-family, or hospitality industry is preferred
- Experience with plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems is preferred
- You're handy with a toolkit and comfortable building boxed furnishings
- You enjoy mobile technology, have worked with it in past roles, and you're eager to learn new systems and platforms to make you better at your job
- You're flexible in your schedule and can help with emergencies whenever they arise
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be able to multi-task and complete tasks/projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You're comfortable lifting objects up to 25-50 pounds and standing or walking for up to 8 hours a day
- You can handle stressful situations with a calm and positive demeanor
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY: Kasa requires all employees who enter a Kasa-owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
- 2+ years of hotel experience
- 1+ years of guest service experience
- Certifications in HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, or other relevant fields
- You pride yourself on your communication and organizational skills
✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a discount on any night for friends and family.
- 💰 The Pay: The starting base pay range for this role is between $28 and $30 and is set based on multiple considerations including business needs, market demands, talent availability, experience, and unique skills and attributes. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for equity, bonus, perks, benefits, and Kasa Travel Credits.
🙌 Paid Time Off: Full-time hourly Kasa employees accrue paid time off at a generous rate that increases with tenure.
📱 Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse a portion of your monthly cell phone bill to say thanks for using your personal phone during the workday.
- 💰 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
🩺 Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most, including a company-sponsored plan with fertility coverage.
Please mention the word **TROPHY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok