Posted 15 Nov 2023, 11:35 am
Analyst Reconciliation at Zepz
About the role:
This role sits within Zepz financial operations team (FinOps), as a Reconciliation Analyst, assisting in the review and coordination of the month and year end reconciliations process. Responsible for performing reconciliations, investigating items with internal and external parties and identifying opportunities for streamlining/automation.
As a member of Zepz FinOps team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Assistant Finance Manager, you will:
- Perform both daily and monthly complex settlement asset and liability reconciliations in line with the timetable, process and controls in place, using a reconciliation tool to match our data with statements received from the acquirer and banks.
- Support team mates in issue resolution of daily reconciliation when need arises
- Where required, format statement template for new partners and update Statement templates when needed for old ones to match with reconciliation tool requirements.
- Liaise with FinOps colleagues, and internal teams (e.g. Network, Operations, Treasury, IT, Cash Rec Team and Refunds Team) in addition to contacting partners to investigate, resolve reconciling items and gather statements to be imported into the reconciliation tool.
- Raise and post post journals to the finance system for any adjustments that may be required from investigation of the reconciling items
- Attend and actively participate in review meetings, giving accurate status updates on your deliverables and raise any queries or issues.
- Flag if there are any improvements that could make the process or reporting more efficient or improve controls.
- Prepare or update detailed process documentations for assigned accounts
- Support your Manager and colleagues with any internal or external audit requests.
- Participate in any ad hoc tasks as required e.g. reporting or projects
What you bring to the table:
- Finance based degree with 3 to 5 years experience in any one of the following: areas: Reconciliations, Audit/Accounts preparation, working in a shared service centre, forensic accounting.
- Experienced reconciliation analyst accustomed to working with large balance sheet reconciliations using a reconciliation tool.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to completion of your deliverables
- Team player with well developed communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible individual who enjoys working in a changing environment, with an enjoyment of problem-solving and a strong analytical mindset.
- Strong Excel skills and understanding of bookkeeping
- Experience in finance transformation projects and /or system implementations is advantageous.
- Previous experience of using Blackline is advantageous.
Please mention the word **ADVOCATES** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguMzI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguMzI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok