Posted 16 Nov 2023, 1:05 am
Technical Director Game Integration at 2K
Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
Who We Need
We are looking for an experienced Technical Director to lead the integration of 2K game and publishing tech into our upcoming AAA titles. In this role, you will lead – by example – a cross-functional team of engineers who will ensure our studios can leverage the full strength of 2K’s custom tech and world-class publishing systems.
What You Will Do
- As a Technical Director, Game Integration, you will lead engineering for the technical integration of 2K technologies into upcoming AAA games.
- Grow and manage a team of cross-functional engineers to support 2K’s game projects through development, launch, and beyond. Your team will span geographies as well as technical disciplines, including game frontend, networking/online and server engineering; DevOps; and QA.
- Bias toward action while keeping your team cool under pressure. Lead from the front to resolve challenges that block studios and impede the team.
- Collaborate closely with other 2K Tech teams contributing to successful integrations. Partner with 2K Product Management on feature improvements for our game platform.
- Proactively identify opportunities and risks to improve the work of the team, the quality of the project, and 2K technologies as a whole.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- 10+ years experience in multiplatform AAA game development with multiple shipped titles.
- Full stack game development experience – from gameplay, UI, networking, and backend services. Expert in integrating, debugging, and optimizing game networking/online, multiplayer, monetization/commerce and identity/accounts subsystems. Familiar with development of low-level systems like streaming, generic serialization, and more.
- Experience leading teams of 5-10 developers from across engineering disciplines, within matrixed orgs that include Production, QA, DevOps, Infrastructure, Security and other stakeholders in a game’s shared success.
- Deep experience with Unreal, Unity, C++ engines and common platform SDKs.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
- Strong coding skills in C++, familiarity with Go, C#
- Collaborative and dependable with an eye for problem solving.
- Thrives under pressure. Oriented toward results and unflappable in the face of challenges.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $185,000 and $225,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Please mention the word **BRIGHT** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguMzI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguMzI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok