Posted 14 Nov 2023, 11:00 am
Industrial Decarbonization Engineer at Carbon Direct
We are looking for an experienced Engineer or Scientist to join our Industrial Decarbonization team to support and lead complex carbon management advisory engagements. The Industrial Decarbonization Engineer will apply a deep understanding of energy and process engineering to help our clients implement impactful and high quality carbon management projects. Our work environment is collaborative, fast paced, and may require travel. We are a fluid, rapidly-growing organization and we value flexibility, curiosity, and ability to work effectively in teams and independently. A successful candidate is a self-starter, someone who stays informed about technological, scientific, and regulatory developments in the decarbonization space and climate more broadly, and is excited to work hard towards the implementation of effective, scaleable, and just climate change solutions.
- Advise clients, collaborating business, and internal stakeholder groups as they scale up and deploy carbon management projects.
- Conduct due diligence of carbon management projects and technologies. Support diligence and de-risking teams to ensure that projects result in high quality, risk-managed, high value decarbonization outcomes
- Lead and execute project design and execution of research, modeling, analysis, stakeholder interviews, and data analyses, independently and/or in collaboration with other team members.
- Develop and communicate recommendations via clear and compelling deliverables, including reports, briefs, and visual presentation of synthesized analytical insights.
- Contribute to reports, policy briefs, and/or peer-reviewed publications. Actively engage at conferences and public events to communicate the technical and regulatory challenges and opportunities of decarbonization project execution.
- Demonstrated expertise in carbon management, decarbonization, and carbon dioxide removal technologies. We are looking for applicants with professional experience, or in-depth study of at least one of the following areas and ability to cross apply that expertise to several:
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Chemical processing, process intensification or electrification of petrochemicals, hydrogen, ammonia, gas separation or similar applications.
- Clean transportation and propulsion
- Life Cycle Assessments and/or Techno-Economic Assessments
- Engineering and commodity market economics
- Greenhouse gas regulation and public policy
- Engineered and hybrid carbon removal solutions (e.g., direct air capture, bioenergy with carbon capture and storage, mineralization, etc.)
- Carbon markets (voluntary or compliance) and relevant standards and protocols
- Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or a field closely related to chemical, mechanical, civil, or environmental engineering, or a bachelor’s degree in engineering with demonstrated work experience in industry, government or academia.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate technical information into accessible forms and adapt styles to diverse audiences and different cultural environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate across internal teams (including with part-time/academic staff members) and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize to meet deadlines and respond and adapt to changing client needs.
- Client engagement experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and/or other analytical software (e.g., R, GIS, Tableau).
- We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. For this role, we have a slight preference for applicants in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here.
- Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
- Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
- Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup and monthly work-from-home stipend
Please mention the word **REDEEMING** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok