Posted 14 Nov 2023, 11:00 am
Territory Sales Manager North East Region at SMA America
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities within an assigned territory and implementing strategies to capture market share in the region. Duties include leading an aggressive build-up of SMA’s market share by expanding business partnerships, highlighting value-add features, developing new relationships, partnering with and driving sales to/ and with our authorized channel partners.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain relationships with all Authorized Distributors within the assigned region/regions.
- Identify market opportunities within an assigned region or regions, and develop strategies to penetrate those markets.
- Prospect for and target solar installers with AD partners in assigned territory.
- Increase SMA sales by building relationships with important installers, delivering value-added features, and increasing SMA portfolio share with installers through our AD partners.
- Successfully execute a brand and messaging strategy that positions SMA as an industry leader in the alternative energy industry.
- Initiate and implement strategic alliances with key partners through our authorized channel partners.
- Make cold calls to current/potential customers and set appointments to discuss PV technologies.
- Participate in residential PV conferences, as well as AD tradeshows and NEC code conferences and symposiums to encourage and influence the use and acceptance of SMA products and technologies.
- Meet with AD partners and installers to promote the benefits of SMA technology and convert potential customers from competitors.
- Serve as an SMA advocate and provide outstanding customer support.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field with an emphasis in electrical or mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Experience working within a distribution channel is a plus.
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in renewable energy technologies or a related industry is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a sales or account manager role is required.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Knowledge of strategic and quantitative analysis is preferred.
- Knowledge of strategic selling principles and key account management are preferred.
- Strong project management skills are preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills are preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required.
- German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Ability to directly or indirectly influence people.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to work well independently.
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required.
- This position requires frequent domestic and periodic international travel.
- Working in a matrix organization a plus.
The candidate must live in or be open to relocating to New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts or Connecticut.
The base salary range for this position is $75,000-90,000 + competitive bonus structure.
Please mention the word **BALANCED** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok