Posted 14 Nov 2023, 11:05 am
Software QA Manager at Yassir
Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
About the role:
The QA Manager will spearhead our quality assurance initiatives, ensuring that our software products are of the utmost quality and free from defects. This role requires overseeing all QA processes (Automatic and manual), working closely with QA Leads, and establishing a cohesive and strategic QA approach. Collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve product excellence will be key to success.\n
- Leadership & Collaboration: Work alongside QA Leads, providing direction and support, ensuring that the team is effective, engaged, and well-aligned with the QA strategy.
- Strategy & Processes: Collaborate with key stakeholders and peers to define, develop, and implement the best QA methodologies, processes, and tools to ensure efficient and thorough testing efforts.
- Test Planning & Execution: Oversee the creation and implementation of test plans, both manual and automated, ensuring comprehensive coverage and efficient defect detection.
- Continuous Improvement: Analyze defect metrics and testing results to identify trends and recommend enhancements.
- Inter-departmental collaboration: Work in sync with heads of engineering, product management, development, and other teams to guarantee product quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Tool & Infrastructure Management: Evaluate and manage tools and technologies to bolster testing capabilities.
- Training & Knowledge Sharing: Ensure the QA team remains updated with the latest industry best practices and methodologies.
- Stakeholder Communication: Relay vital information regarding testing status, results, and metrics to stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify potential product risks and devise mitigation strategies.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in software quality assurance
- 5+ years of management or leadership experience within QA
- 3+ years of experience leading other managers
- Proven experience in transitioning teams from manual QA to automated testing.
- Prior experience as an Automation QA with hands-on experience in setting up and managing automation frameworks.
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Proficiency with automated testing tools [e.g., Selenium, JUnit, TestNG]
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development processes
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities
- Robust communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Directly reporting to the head of platform and infrastructure
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? You should definitely send us your application. 🚀
Please mention the word **SIMPLER** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok