Posted 14 Nov 2023, 0:20 pm
Android Software Developer at TextNow
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is seeking a Software Developer to join our Growth team who is passionate about our mission, eager to learn, and dedicated to improving our suite of client products. As a Software Developer, you will be part of a dynamic and innovative team working on various projects that impact millions of users.\n
What You'll Do:
- Learn and grow within our team, contributing to the success of our mission.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain software solutions that improve user experience and application performance.
- Participate in the development of new features, enhancements and improvements to our products.
- Work on a wide range of projects, in mobile application development.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Assist with debugging and issue resolution.
Who You Are:
- Open to giving and receiving feedback to continuously improve the development process.
- A team player who thrives in a shared environment.
- Someone who takes initiative, demonstrates ownership and drives tasks to completion.
- A software enthusiast with a passion for creating innovative solutions.
- A critical thinker who considers the trade-offs in the approach to tasks.
- Motivated by the impact you will have on the end user.
- Adapts well to changing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or relevant experience.
- 2+ years of professional mobile software development experience with Android.
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a commitment to delivering high quality software.
- Can write concise, performant, testable code. Unit testing is a must.
- Basic understanding of software architecture and design principles.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy
Please mention the word **DAZZLE** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok