Posted 14 Nov 2023, 3:20 pm
Junior Analyst Reconciliation at Zepz
About the role:
This role sits within Zepz’s financial operations team (FinOps), as a Reconciliation Analyst, assisting in the review and coordination of the month and year-end reconciliations process. Responsible for performing reconciliations, investigating items with internal and external parties and identifying opportunities for streamlining/automation.
As a member of Zepz’s FinOps team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long-term decision making.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Assistant Finance Manager - Cash in Transit, you will:
- Perform both daily and monthly cash-in-transit reconciliations in line with the timetable, process, and controls in place, using a reconciliation tool to match our data with statements received from the acquirer and banks.
- Identify and prepare summaries of outstanding items to be queried as per the standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with FinOps colleagues and internal teams (e.g. Network, Operations, Treasury, IT, Cash Rec Team and Refunds Team) in addition to contacting acquirers and banks to investigate, resolve reconciling items and gather statements to be imported into the reconciliation tool.
- Raise and post journals to the finance system for any adjustments that may be required from investigation of the reconciling items (e.g. foreign exchange adjustments, reallocation postings and accruals)
- Attend and actively participate in review meetings, giving accurate status updates on your deliverables and raise any queries or issues.
- Flag if there are any improvements that could make the process or reporting more efficient or improve controls.
- Prepare or update detailed process documentation for assigned accounts.
- Support your Manager and colleagues with any internal or external audit requests.
- Participate in any ad hoc tasks as required e.g., reporting or projects
What you bring to the table:
- Experienced reconciliation analyst accustomed to working with large balance sheet reconciliations using a reconciliation tool.
- Solid Excel skills and understanding of bookkeeping.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to completion of your deliverables.
- Team player with well-developed communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to work to a deadline, flex with any plan changes and flag any potential conflicting priorities.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in an international business, working with foreign currency transactions is advantageous.
- Experience in Blackline is advantageous
Please mention the word **WHOA** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok