Posted 13 Nov 2023, 5:50 pm
Office Manager at World Relief
World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization that is fighting for change that lasts, right here in the U.S. and across the globe. We bring sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problems – disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. The organization is approximately 75 years old and has worked in over 100 countries around the world since its founding.
In the United States, we come alongside local churches, community organizations and hundreds of individual volunteers to support newly arriving refugee and other immigrant families. Today, we are proud to partner with over 6,000 local churches, and 95,000 volunteers globally to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable.
Are you a person of compassion? An advocate for justice? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? Do you believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor?
If you answered ‘yes’, to any of the above, World Relief, and millions of people around the world need you.
World Relief Spokane seeks an experienced, professional person for the position of Office Manager. The Office Manager supports all departments of World Relief Spokane to achieve our mission effectively through efficient and focused communication, administrative and logistical functions, processes, staff training, problem solving. The office manager is responsible for the smooth functioning of the office environment. The position is mostly in office work with the possibility of up to one predetermined day/week remote. The office manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
Compensation: $18-$22 per hour\n
Role & Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead a culture of welcome for all staff, clients, and members of the public that interact with the World Relief Spokane offices.
- Schedule and organize staff meetings, retreats, and professional development or staff care activities.
- Manage logistics such as ordering office supplies, vehicle registrations, landlord communications, keys and open/closure notices, etc.
- Administration support such as, but not limited to:
- Keeping items stocked o Updating office calendars
- Processing mail to the staff
- Provide logistical support for staff meetings and events o Risk management training and incident reporting
- Manage vendor agreements and invoices o Vehicle registration and annual maintenance schedule
- Supervise, train, and support the reception desk coordinator and reception desk volunteers.
- Oversee the reception desk, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensure coverage of the front desk at all times by scheduling staff and volunteers for coverage or providing coverage.
- Overseeing the cleanliness and organization of the facility and common areas
- Making sure office hours and closures are communicated to the public,
- Ensure that everyone coming into the reception area is invited into a pleasant and welcoming environment.
- With the IT Specialist, perform administrative responsibilities in office-wide systems
- Work with the Knowledge Manager to develop, implement, maintain, and document office-wide procedures (e.g., standardized trainings for new staff, internal communications, site security, risk management, etc.)
- Research and identify solutions to problems or challenges for the office, departments, or individual staff members; lead in collaborative efforts with directors and other staff from all departments to implement and evaluate solutions
- Administratively support the finance director and office director
- Coordinate and deliver generic office onboarding.
- Coordinate the physical upkeep of the building and vehicles by working with the building owners, World Relief staff, and cleaning staff to make sure these spaces are kept up and organized at all times.
- Serve as the primary contact for staff and property manager regarding building related communication. Report facility issues and suggested solutions to the Executive Director or Admin Director.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft 365 programs (Sharepoint, Teams, Outlook, Dynamics, etc.) and the ability to learn and train on new computer programs
- Ability to manage time and projects with little oversight
- Able to work with multiple departments and assist with their needs accordingly
- Experience with basic budgeting and expense coding
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in reception and office management
- Ability to work and adapt in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in team management
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Able to affirm and/or acknowledge World Reliefs Core Beliefs, Statement of Faith, Christian Identity and National Evangelicals For the Health of The Nation document
- Minimum AA degree plus minimum of 3 years' experience as a manager in a social services or related setting
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage people and logistics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team in a fast paced environment
World Relief offers a competitive benefits package (25 hours + per week):
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Offer 16 company Paid Holidays + 4 additional Personal days per year!
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks for qualified employees)
- FSAs: Medical & Dependent Care, & Commuter Funding
- Supplemental Life Insurance (employee, spouse, and children)
- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident insurance policies
- Legal Shield Insurance
World Relief pays 100% for eligible employees:
- Group Term Life (employee, spouse, and children)
- Long Term & Short-term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Long Distance Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
World Relief - Retirement:
- 401K & Roth
- WR matches up to 4%, then an additional quarter percent up to 10%
- Eligibility: Full Time (40 hours per week) is eligible after 3 months of employment. Part time is eligible after 1000 hours in a year.
World Relief Discounts (Immediately Eligible):
- Pet Insurance through Nationwide
- Home and Auto insurance through Liberty Mutual
- Working Advantage Discount Program
- Active & Fit Gym Membership
World Relief is honored to be recognized with the Silver-level Cigna Healthy Workforce Designation for exceeding the core components of our well-being program including leadership and culture, program foundations and execution, and whole person health.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
· The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
· Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
· The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
· General office setting. World Relief also offers hybrid and remote schedules for limited positions.
· Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in virtual meetings may be required.
· Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
· Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
· Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
· All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. World Relief strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees on the basis of person’s race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law, which does not conflict with the protections afforded World Relief as a faith-based employer.
In addition, physical or mental limitations will not be a factor in the application of World Relief's employment policies or employee practices, except for those situations in which occupational requirement make consideration of such factors necessary.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
Please mention the word **BEAUTY** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok