Posted 13 Nov 2023, 5:50 pm
Employment Specialist at World Relief
World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization that is fighting for change that lasts, right here in the U.S. and across the globe. We bring sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problems – disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. The organization is approximately 75 years old and has worked in over 100 countries around the world since its founding.
In the United States, we come alongside local churches, community organizations and hundreds of individual volunteers to support newly arriving refugee and other immigrant families. Today, we are proud to partner with over 6,000 local churches, and 95,000 volunteers globally to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable.
Are you a person of compassion? An advocate for justice? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? Do you believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor?
If you answered ‘yes’, to any of the above, World Relief, and millions of people around the world need you.
World Relief Quad Cities is looking for an organized, outgoing, and passionate individual to fill the Employment Specialist role. The purpose of this role is to assist refugee and immigrant clients to prepare for, secure, and retain employment that will make self-sufficiency possible, fulfilling the Match Grant and other program requirements in close collaboration with other employment and casework staff at World Relief.\n
Role & Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure services are provided in a planned, effective, and timely manner to eligible clients
- Enroll clients into relevant programs including completing assessments and developing service plans to track progress of goal achievement
- Connect with clients enrolled in employment programs through office visits, home visits, and phone communication until case closure
- When appropriate, refer clients to other resources including childcare providers, DMV, medical care, job training, transportation information, and other sources and services that will remove identified barriers to employment
- Provide job counseling and assist clients in developing effective job applications, resumes, and interview techniques
- Represent World Relief to area employers as a desirable source of workers, acting as liaison between employer and client to ensure good employer relationships
- Assist with interpretation, transportation, and communication regarding Job Readiness class as needed
- Ensure enrollment in ESL courses when applicable
- Ensure security of full-time employment and offer transportation solutions of clients within their first 5 years in the USA
- Follow up with clients after job placement to address areas of concern and ensure continued employment
- Participate in the design and execution of programs or courses geared toward client development for increased employability and skills
- Maintain and complete detailed and accurate records of client files, case notes, and reporting records and submit monthly program reports
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with complex and diverse individual and family situations
- Computer skills, Windows XP, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Reliable transportation, insurance coverage, and valid driver's license
- Ability to log activities, complete reports, and compose case notes
- Demonstrated understanding of case management processes; extremely detail-oriented, excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Spanish, Swahili, Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Burmese, Karen, or Chin is highly desired
- Previous case management experience preferred
- Skill and sensitivity working with people from various backgrounds and beliefs
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and resolve problems/issues promptly and effectively
- Ability to work well on a team in a synergistic work environment, a flexible and motivated team player
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and organize in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Able to affirm and/or acknowledge World Reliefs Core Beliefs, Statement of Faith, Christian Identity and National Evangelicals For the Health of The Nation document
- Computer literate, with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word) and internet applications required
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license and able to pass the background check and MVR
- Prior multicultural experience
World Relief offers a competitive benefits package (25 hours + per week):
World Relief contributes to monthly premiums:
-Offer 16 Paid Holidays!
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks for qualified employees)
-FSAs: Medical & Dependent Care, & Commuter Funding
-Supplemental Life Insurance (employee, spouse, and children)
-Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident insurance policies
- Gym Membership
World Relief pays 100% for eligible employees:
-Group Term Life (employee, spouse, and children)
-Long Term & Short-term Disability
-Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
-Long Distance Travel Insurance
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
World Relief - Retirement:
-401K & Roth
-WR matches up to 4%, then an additional quarter percent up to 10%
-Eligibility: Full Time is eligible after 3 months of employment. Part time is eligible after 1000 hours in a year.
World Relief Discounts (Immediately Eligible):
-Pet Insurance through Nationwide
-Home and Auto insurance through Liberty Mutual
-Working Advantage Discount Program
World Relief is honored to be recognized with the Cigna Healthy Workforce Designation, Silver Level for meeting or exceeding the core components of our well-being program including leadership and culture, program foundations, program execution, and whole person health.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
· The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
· Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
· The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
· General office setting. World Relief also offers hybrid and remote schedules for limited positions.
· Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in virtual meetings may be required.
· Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
· Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
· Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
· All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. World Relief strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees on the basis of person’s race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law, which does not conflict with the protections afforded World Relief as a faith-based employer.
In addition, physical or mental limitations will not be a factor in the application of World Relief's employment policies or employee practices, except for those situations in which occupational requirement make consideration of such factors necessary.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
Please mention the word **CUTE** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok