Posted 12 Nov 2023, 6:40 pm
Director of Product Design Growth Platform at Match Group
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role
Hinge is hiring a Director of Product Design. Hinge is at an inflection point in the growth of our users and our product team with the advancements of AI. You will lead design strategy and drive impact across the portfolio of two product groups. The first one is the Growth Product Group, which includes defining the new user experience for millions of daters, expanding Hinge to serve new geographic and demographic audiences, monetization, and partnership in digital marketing executions that are tied to Hinge’s product. The second is the Platform Product Group, and this role will be initially responsible for implementing a connected ecosystem of notifications including all in-app, email, and push notifications with opportunities to grow scope within the Platform Product Group down the line.
Design at Hinge is part of the Product team; you will join a close-knit group of designers and work closely with Research, Product Managers, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Brand, Community, and Engineering to craft innovative experiences through intuitive interfaces. As a key member of this team, you’ll report into the VP of Design. You will be empowered to drive end-to-end design projects including getting alignment on design objectives and priorities with key stakeholders, by leading and inspiring a team of designers that you’ll manage.
Working here, your leadership and design vision will have tangible impacts for our users in helping them find meaningful relationships on Hinge and move off the app.\n
- Lead design strategy and execution for the Growth and Platform pillars
- Collaborate with Product leadership on the future trajectory for Hinge
- Define and prioritize the problems being tackled, approach to initiatives and coordinating the efforts of your design team and the broader organization
- Oversee the design planning, execution, culture, process, and results of your team — including multiple projects, complex workstreams, and initiatives
- Drive the creation of objectives and key results and defining resourcing plans — assessing needs, making changes accordingly and advocating for headcount
- Lead workshops and presentations with cross-functional partners to foster collaboration and alignment
- Lead your team to consistently demonstrate impact on company-level objectives and key results and improving quality across the product design discipline
- Empower your team to own their area’s strategies based on the organization’s vision
- Grow and develop world-class talent, providing timely coaching and guidance to individual contributors
- Provide design direction to your team that is on-brand and aligns with user and business needs
- Regularly share knowledge with your team to advance learning opportunities
- Inspire your team with best-in-class user-centric design practices
- Communicate design decisions in compelling and creative ways; bridge alignment across Hinge teams through high fidelity prototypes and live presentations to cross-functional partners
- Build an inclusive, safe culture where team members feel comfortable taking risks and being vulnerable with each other
- Arrange career development opportunities and identifying high-impact skill gaps
- Source, attract, and retain diverse key and senior talent — proactively building hiring pipelines and seeking and attracting the best candidates
- Evangelize the Hinge brand and Hinge Product Design culture, both internally and externally as an active member of the design community
- Be hands-on and responsible for design directions and executions as needed
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the design industry, 3+ years as a manager
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training, and experience in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction, or a related field
- Experience managing and growing careers for designers
- Have successfully managed and launched large-scale cross-platform design projects at global scale
- Impeccable portfolio that demonstrates evidence of leading large-scale, high-impact projects and shipping world-class customer experiences that have made a significant impact on business metrics
- An understanding of stakeholder collaboration, managing and adjusting expectations, and how and when to push back while maintaining diplomacy
- Works enthusiastically and collaboratively with cross-functional partners, building trusting relationships
- Ability to inspire/drive teams to define or transform a product or initiative by building a culture of design excellence that values high quality, focuses on impact, enables innovation, and creates space to explore
- Ability to improve the team's focus by clarifying longer-term goals, and prioritizing and delegating proactive vs. reactive work
- Ability to drive initiatives that substantially increase the team’s impact, influencing decisions and pursuing big ideas
- Big-picture thinking that defines and drives toward a bold future vision for your teams, users, and the business
- Experience with AI and ML is highly desirable
- Conceptual and executional experience with App Store/Google Play is highly desirable
- Experience in the intersection of product and brand design is highly desirable
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication with ability to influence with masterful storytelling
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of your team’s work
- Can identify great design and provide meaningful critiques of discrepancies/opportunities in the team's work
- Passionate and curious about how design can be leveraged to improve the ways users find and maintain romantic connections
- Ability to foster a culture that supports and encourages diversity and inclusion both within the Hinge team and for our global user base
- Experience working with consumer research and data
- Well-rounded design skills (UX/UI & visual) with strong brand sensibility and proficiency with design systems
What is not Required
- You do not have to be an expert in algorithmic or machine-learning methodologies to apply. Expertise in design craft and product thinking, desire to create solutions that fundamentally change behavior and solve problems, and motivation to continue growing is what we are looking for.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
Please mention the word **SOULFUL** and tag RNDkuMjM3LjM0LjI0OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNDkuMjM3LjM0LjI0OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok