Posted 10 Nov 2023, 3:20 am
Director of Parcel at Stord
About the Director of Parcel Position:
Are you ready to lead the charge in revolutionizing the way parcels are managed and delivered? Stord is seeking an exceptional individual to step into the spotlight as our Director of Parcel. At Stord, we're not just changing the way parcels are managed; we're reshaping the future of logistics. This role offers you the chance to be at the forefront of an industry transformation, with a passionate team and cutting-edge technology at your disposal. You'll have the autonomy and resources to make a real impact, ensuring that Stord remains a leader in the world of parcel services.
As the Director of Parcel, you'll be the visionary behind Stord's parcel services, and you'll dive deep into the technical solutions that drive our carrier selection, tracking, customer experience, parcel audit, and billing processes. You'll curate and oversee a diverse range of carrier and delivery solutions, ensuring that we're always on the cutting edge of industry best practices.
What You'll Do:
- Financial Stewardship: You'll be responsible for the development and performance of Stord's P&L goals for revenue, cost, and margin, ensuring we consistently meet or exceed our targets.
- Customer Service Excellence: Meet or exceed Stord's cross-functional service level commitments for on-time performance, click-to-delivery speed, and qualitative value in customer experience.
- Carrier Engagement: Engage and negotiate with parcel carriers to develop contracts, meet service level requirements, and deliver a leading customer experience through tracking and service features.
- Innovation: Develop new solutions with supply chain partners to drive down cost and inefficiencies, improve the speed of service, and create and improve revenue opportunities.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of Managers and Analysts to develop and utilize parcel cost modeling for new opportunities, or to evaluate the potential impact of changes to rates, the distribution network, speed of delivery requirements, and more.
- Technical Expertise: Oversee Stord's technical solutions for parcel transportation, leading the team in the development of a leading solution for carrier service optimization, solution reliability, efficiency, and customer-facing features, including tracking and post-purchase experience.
- Pricing and Billing: Lead customer pricing and billing, aligning with Account Management and Sales to identify margin opportunities or concerns while driving solutions to charge customers accurately and expediently.
- Audit and Compliance: Develop, implement, and oversee audit practices across the parcel network, managing compliance with proper carrier usage and owning billing audit and resolution with Finance and Stord's partners.
- New Product Solutions: Develop new solutions in Returns, Tracking, Post-Purchase Engagement, and scale to cost and service opportunities in sortation and zone skipping services.
- Sales and Growth: Represent Stord in Sales engagements and presentations on the Stord Parcel product.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, business or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in transportation and supply chain in a corporate environment, managing multiple DIstribution Center shipping nodes
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading parcel transportation in a corporate environment, overseeing an annual package count of at least 20 million
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience leading transportation as a carrier, 3PL, or other revenue-bearing and customer-facing enterprise
- Exposure and ownership of transportation systems including Transportation Management Systems for parcel optimization, and parcel billing audit solutions
- Strong analytical capabilities and talent for telling stories with data
- Ownership mentality and ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence key stakeholders to support proposed strategies, process improvements and operational decisions
- Resourcefulness and ability to devise creative solutions to problems
- Familiarity with industry technology systems to gather data and problem solve
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written skills
Please mention the word **INVALUABLE** and tag RMy4yMjUuMjIxLjM3 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4yMjUuMjIxLjM3). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok