Posted 10 Nov 2023, 0:45 pm
Electrical Trainer at Octopus Energy
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers. We’ve fallen head-over-heels with smart meters, heat pumps, solar PV and all renewable tech - which instantly reduce customers' carbon footprint and give them control over their energy use.
We're looking for an Electrical Trainer who will be responsible for developing and upskilling our current workforce and our new eager recruits. You will produce course content and training material to support the required course. This is an exciting new opportunity to help promote Octopus Energy Services by delivering quality instruction for EVCP, ASHP and Solar at our training centres. Your role also includes maintaining relationships with external parties, helping with industry events and keeping abreast of developments in your field of expertise. You will always be responsible for the welfare and safety of engineers under training!
Your job purpose is to carry out training and assessment for learners to include the following tasks:
- Skills development within a workshop environment
- Support learners to achieve and maintain their qualifications
- Provide feedback on progress
- Guide and coach the learners
- Assessment of competence to national standards
- Maintenance of workshop equipment
What you'll have
- You’ll be experienced in the installation of boilers and it's a plus if you know about air source heat pumps
- You’ll be an experienced plumbing and heating engineer with knowledge of heating system design and the ability to fault find. You’ll also have domestic hot & cold water system knowledge
- You’ll have experience of reviewing and challenging technical specifications & mechanical drawings
- It would be great if you had knowledge of and a basic competency in electrical levels
- It would be great if you had experience with hydraulic systems to design & quality standards - CIBSE & MCS - but this isn't a must
- Similarly F-gas would be great but it’s not essential
- Qualified Electrician to level 3
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience
- C&G 2391/2
- Full UK Driving Licence and use of a car
- 18th Edition (7671:2018) qualification
- C&G 2391/2
- Involvement in Government training schemes and National Vocational Qualifications
- An assessor qualification such as D32 and D33, A1 or TAQA
- A recognised teaching qualification such as a PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, or Cert
- EVCP experience
- ASHP experience
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- We've officially a world class company to work for [Best Companies] and we're in Glassdoor's [Top 50 best places to work in 2022]
- What do you get? Click here
Ideally, this person needs to be around the Slough/Brighton area or willing to travel.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
Please mention the word **BENEFICIALLY** and tag RMy4yMjUuMjIxLjM3 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4yMjUuMjIxLjM3). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok