Posted 11 Nov 2023, 1:00 pm
Manager Director of Engineering at Fermyon Technologies
About Fermyon Technologies
Fermyon Technologies is a software company building the next wave of cloud computing based on WebAssembly. By producing top-quality open source software and related tooling, we are creating a new category of cloud computing that prioritizes high performance, robust security, and top-notch developer and operator experiences. And we believe that the best way to build such technology is by building a positive culture based on our values.
Fermyon is committed to a culture of belonging, inclusivity, and respect. We believe that different perspectives – perspectives shaped by life experiences, education, talent, and interests – are essential for creating thriving teams. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages are spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, opinions, political preferences, and overall beliefs. If you are the kind of person who takes this approach to people, including yourself and work hard to appreciate everyone’s differences then Fermyon is the place for you!
In 2015, our team stumbled into the world of containers and witnessed firsthand as it exploded in popularity. These days, we’re excited about a new ecosystem that we think is about to boom: WebAssembly on the cloud. The ecosystem is early. High-quality content is sparse. Many developers and operators are just now hearing about it for the first time. We need your help spreading the word!
We are looking for a hands-on Manager or Director of Engineering (i.e. depending on experience level) to lead a team of 5-10 cloud native software engineers. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in cloud computing and some experience in leading and managing engineering teams. They will be responsible for the effective management of high-performing engineering processes and practices, technical execution of our engineering projects, and the development and growth of part of our engineering team.\n
- Lead and manage a team of highly experienced cloud-native and UI/UX software engineers, including overseas contractors
- Set the engineering process & practice vision and roadmap for the engineering department
- Work with product managers to translate requirements into technical specifications
- Define and execute engineering projects on time and on budget
- Hire, mentor, coach and advance the skills and careers of software engineers
- Ensure the quality of engineering deliverables
- Foster a culture of curiosity, humility, inclusivity and passion
- Strong background in cloud native computing including virtual machines, hypervisors, containers, kubernetes, cloud operations, and cloud security
- Experience building applications using at least one of Amazon Lambda, Microsoft Azure Functions or Google Cloud Functions (or a legitimate popular alternative)
- Experience leading and managing engineering teams
- Strong technical skills including current hands-on development responsibilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent real-world experience.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
Compensation and Benefits
Salary based on experience
Stock options at an early-stage startup
Great benefits, including healthcare (in the US) and other insurance
Retirement (401k in the US)
Unlimited vacation with a mandatory 2-week minimum per year
Dedicated budget for setting up your office space
Fermyon Technologies is 100% remote. While we can’t do business in every country, we have broad latitude.
Please mention the word **TOLERABLE** and tag RMy4yMjUuMjIxLjM3 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4yMjUuMjIxLjM3). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok