Posted 9 Nov 2023, 4:00 pm
Supervisor Structures at Blue Origin, LLC
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of technicians and engineers, you will build human-rated orbital launch vehicles. Our team builds the forward and aft modules for the New Glenn 1st and 2nd stages, as well as other items, for our downstream customer – Stage Integration. Although a rocket is basically a flying fuel tank, we make the fuel tank fly! Want to help us redefine the way rockets are made and operated? In this role, supported by your shift manager you will directly (solid-line) lead and supervise technicians and coordinate (dotted-line) additional teammates such as manufacturing engineers, quality personnel, production controllers, schedulers, etc. You will have ultimate and full responsibility for successfully orchestrating your crew and building critical vehicle assemblies, including primary structure and/or systems integration.
This is for the organizers and the leaders - those who help their people be the best that they can be, and enjoy watching them flourish, learn, grow, and do phenomenal things. We are building a road to space, and a rocket that approximates the size of the Saturn V. The path is long, with challenges at every step of the way. Opportunities to do extraordinary things, make a difference, and leave a lasting legacy are limited only by your ability and desire to grasp them. Here, if you’re bored, you’re not doing it right. On our team, we are resilient, agile, committed to overcoming obstacles, reliable, professional, growing, ingenious, collaborative, tenacious, and diligent.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
If you share our passions and vision, thrive in a dynamic startup environment, excel at integrating and coordinating multi-functional teams of diverse individuals, are experienced and skilled in several relevant technologies and methodologies (even if perhaps not in the aerospace industry), continuously seek out opportunities to learn and improve, and do not allow title or job description to limit the depth or breadth of your contributions, then we would love to hear from you.
- Build and lead a high-performing team, assembling large aerospace primary structures and/or integrating systems.
- Guide teammates and ensure that each person has everything necessary to succeed.
- Champion continued learning and growth to attract, develop, and retain great people.
- Conduct regular check-ins to ensure team member performance, fulfillment, and growth.
- Author job descriptions, screen candidates, and conduct interviews. Make hiring recommendations.
- Develop and implement process, efficiency, and safety improvements.
- Prioritize work based on production schedule and organizational goals.
- Must be able to work 1st or 2nd shift- 2nd shift hours are M-Th 16:00-02:30
- Passion. This role requires a ton of energy and resilience. Bring it. Let's make history together.
- Experience as a “front line” leader, working directly with individual contributors in various roles
- Work collaboratively with teams of diverse skills, fields, and backgrounds
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Work effectively with a strong work ethic and close attention to detail in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with constantly evolving roles and responsibilities - to make it all happen - step by step, ferociously
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately - in writing, in person, and via video calls
- Digital literacy
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Management, Business, etc.) or equivalent directly related years of professional experience
- Work wherever, whenever, however best to help your team succeed. This will include extended hours and weekends when vital. Occasional remote work and/or flexible schedule is available when possible.
- Other duties as assigned or otherwise beneficial to fulfilling the mission. We all fly together!
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Proficiency in interpreting engineering models, drawings, specifications, written work instructions, and test procedures.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and coordination skills
- Continuous improvement mentality. Our job is never complete; we are always refining and improving
- Curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Lean certification
- Advanced degree, certification, and/or equivalent training
- Experience in new product introduction
- Experience in a team-based Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience in Aerospace/Launch vehicles
- Experience in assembly, integration, and handling of large products
- Experience in assembling large tight-tolerance structures
- Experience in integrating systems
- Exciting hobbies, unique talents, and diverse life experiences. Our teammates are often also our friends. We like interesting friends
Please mention the word **EUPHORIA** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok