Posted 9 Nov 2023, 10:00 pm
Story Editor at Netflix
The Story Editor will help drive story development across multiple external projects. You will work closely with and oversee a team of writers to generate, edit and refine the narrative while maintaining the creative vision of the original IP . You will work closely with other leads to ensure your projects are completed on time and on budget. You will strive to develop processes and find solutions that help support efficiencies across multiple projects without sacrificing the vision.\n
- Lead story development by collaborating with writers to generate and edit scripts, and support production, all while upholding the creative vision of the original IP
- Oversee the daily tasks of a team of outsource writers; provide direction and feedback, ensure alignment, drive projects to completion.
- Work closely with Producer and Showrunner to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and upholds creative vision
- Stay abreast of technical restrictions or requirements and schedule/production impacts
- Partner with Showrunner to establish, apply, and drive best practices for assigned projects
- Identify, predict, resolve problems in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Maintain current and working knowledge on industry/market trends, make recommendations as appropriate
- Be a strong team player. Contribute to a culture of excellence and inclusivity.
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong editorial skills and story development craft
- Demonstrated clear and proactive communication, meeting moderation, and oversight of cross-disciplinary initiatives
- Capable of managing multiple competing tasks and be self-directed to meet deadlines in a quickly evolving environment
- Proactive in understanding product strategy, goals, priorities, and capabilities as it relates to projects overseen by this role
- Excellent attention to detail and strong desire to iterate and improve on processes
- Ability to navigate stressful situations
- Collaborative team centric focus with an excellent ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Comfortable interacting and presenting to all levels of the company, key stakeholders, and publishers.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years experience in a related role
- Preferred experience in interactive narrative mobile games
- Proven track record in creating and maintaining creative direction
- Strong understanding of the daily ebb and flow of game development
- Experience communicating a game vision to teams and partners
- Experience in all production phases from Concept to Live Operations, having shipped at least one title
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary range description
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - 250,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Please mention the word **RIGHTEOUSNESS** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok