Posted 8 Nov 2023, 2:32 pm
Senior Frontend Developer at Rebilly
OBJECTIVE #1 Take on a project and see it to its end.
- Potential Obstacles: We work by 6 week cycles (similar to sprints) where it can be easy to lose focus or forget to plan ahead to ensure the successful completion of your projects.
- Actions: Understand the value of a successful cycle completion and use your tenacity to carry each project to the very end.
- Results: Your project completion numbers in Jira are stellar and you have concentration available for the handful of projects on your plate.
OBJECTIVE #2 Work as a synchronous team in a remote environment.
- Potential Obstacles: Working remote has many personal and team-based challenges from timezone differences, to communication and trust of your colleagues.
- Actions: Develop deep working relationships with your colleagues to know what they’re working on, and how to support each other.
- Results: The team culture is strong, Rebilly’s bigger projects efficiently move forward.
OBJECTIVE #3 Help your colleagues raise their skills with thoughtful code reviews and feedback on ideas.
- Potential Obstacles: Your day will be filled with your own projects and priorities, and offering feedback to a remote team from afar can be intimidating.
- Actions: Prioritize your schedule and share your unique knowledge and experience to help make your team stronger.
- Results: Your team is more precise, creative, and their knowledge is deepened with your help.
KEY FUNCTIONAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- What will you manage?
Each teammate receives a role within a small team per cycle that can include a handful of small projects, one large project, or staying outside of the cycle to support the team. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, code standards, testing, release, and reporting updates on your projects.
- What will you contribute to?
You will contribute to code reviews, generating projects for each cycle, feedback for ideas (including the ideas for other areas of the company), and hiring new teammates in the Product Team.
- What will you support?
Outside of generally supporting your teammates in the Product Circle, Rebilly is an open environment where everyone is welcome in every area of the company. You are welcome to support any project you feel called to participate in.
- How much support per project?
Teams working in a cycle can be 1, 2, or sometimes 4 people. You will lean on your cycle teammates to support the completion of the cycle, as well as receive support from teammates supporting the cycle.
OUR TECH STACK
- Frontend: VueJS 2/3, ReactJS
- Package Management: NPM, Yarn
- Testing:Chai, Jest, Vue Testing Library, Cypress
- Build: Webpack, Rollup
- Version Control: Git
- JS: ES2020
- Infrastructure: Docker, Terraform, GitHub, AWS (moving away from Jenkins)
WORKING AT REBILLY
- competitive salary based on your geographical location
- healthy amounts of paid time off
- you determine your work hours and timezone
- computer of your choice, as well as any office equipment you need
- training and development
- health, dental, vision insurance
- 401k (location dependent)
- parental leave
- annual company retreat
- a progressive company culture with self managed, ultra talented, focused, supportive and responsive, and kind hearted teammates.
- and lots more!
Come check us out at https://www.rebilly.com/careers/
Please mention the word **GLOWING** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDU= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDU=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok