Posted 9 Nov 2023, 0:30 am
Neighborhood Development Specialist at The City of Fort Worth
Pay Range: $57,677 - $74,980 annual salary
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, November 22, 2023
Workdays & Hours: Work hours will be 8am – 5pm with some nights and weekends required to attend community meetings and events.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvements, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Neighborhood Development Specialist job is available with the City of Fort Worth Neighborhood Services Department. The Neighborhood Services Department is seeking a qualified candidate for its Housing and Neighborhood Development division. The Neighborhood Development & Revitalization division manages several federal grants including HOME, CDBG, ESG and HOPWA.
This position is not a remote opportunity and is physically located at 908 Monroe St. Ft. Worth, TX, 76102.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Planning, or Real Estate or related field
- Three (3) years of experience with federal grants, state housing tax credits, real estate development such as multifamily housing, project management, and/or community development or related field.
- Master's degree preferred
The Neighborhood Development Specialist job responsibilities include:
- Implement federal programs such as Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOPWA (Housing of Persons with AIDS) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG
- Data analysis for grants and projects
- Implement the Neighborhood Improvement Strategy Program that focuses on revitalizing neighborhoods throughout the city
- Draft M&Cs
- Execute contracts with internal and external partners
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Organize work projects within a team environment
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Please mention the word **ERUDITE** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDU= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDU=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok