Posted 6 Nov 2023, 0:30 pm
Senior Backend Engineer at Vonage
Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. They face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us develop a best in class real time platform for the new Network APIs like Quality On Demand (QOD) or Silent Authentication.
What you will do
- Build systems to add features across our Global Network Platform
- Create scalable microservices that will help support our impressive growth
- Write efficient and scalable code, in well-tested systems
- Develop on a public cloud infrastructure
What we value
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
- Java/Kotlin with Micronaut/Spring Boot
- Kafka and Redis
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Reactive Programming (Reactor)
- Anything needed to achieve our goals
What you will bring:
- Excellent software engineering skills in Java
- An excellent practical understanding of high performance, highly distributed computing
- A strong focus on testing
- An understanding of Object Oriented Design and standard design patterns.
- Experience of multi-threaded, 3-tier architectures, web services and caching.
- Experience dealing with event-driven pipeline.
- Willingness to learn and use different technology/programming language.
- Experience working with public cloud. AWS would be advantageous
- SQL / NoSQL
- Practical experience of deploying code in a modern programming environment using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
We value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention the word **LAWFUL** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok