Posted 7 Nov 2023, 5:50 pm
Manager UX Design at PlayStation Global
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Manager, UX Design
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We're on the hunt for an exceptional Manager, UX Design who will elevate the UX discipline for our product and studio. Are you a positive manager and hands on contributor who can drive the creation of top-notch experiences for our players while demonstrating outstanding leadership qualities? In this role, empower your team while working alongside the creative director and craft leads to develop the UX vision and strategy for products in development. You'll be responsible for evangelizing your team's vision across the studio and encouraging the team through UX principles, best practices, and strategies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Game Design, UX Design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or psychology.
- 7-10 years of senior experience in UX roles within the video game industry or related fields, with leadership experience.
- Excellent management and communication skills, able to inspire team members, and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience with in-game UI design processes and tools, and coordinating the creation of UI/UX deliverables. Proprietary engine experience is a plus.
- Commitment to inclusive design and fostering diverse talent within the team.
- Proficiency in agile methodologies and fundamental UX and technical design principles.
- A holistic approach to design, with an ability to iterate effectively.
- Skill in translating analytical findings into actionable insights for decision-making.
- Passion for user-centered design solutions and educating others about them.
- Familiarity with a variety of popular gaming models.
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for the latest trends in the gaming industry.
- Willingness to support the team with hands-on contributions when necessary.
- Lead and articulate the product UX vision to leadership, team, and the wider organization while ensuring user-centric, high-quality experiences.
- Mentor the team, providing management and coaching, and collaborate with studio leadership on recruitment and development.
- Champion accessibility in design and maintain a comprehensive, growing knowledge base.
- Nurture collaborative relationships with stakeholders, troubleshoot interdepartmental workflow issues, and uphold high standards for all UI.
- Manage task prioritization within the team and self to meet deadlines and respect technical constraints, while also refining the team’s tools and pipelines.
- Collectively interpret player behaviors and needs to enhance the gaming experience.
- Convey experience design through user stories, flow charts, user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively illustrate user needs.
- Encourage UX best practices across the studio.
- If you're passionate about creating incredible player experiences and possess the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and portfolio.
Please mention the word **MIRACULOUSLY** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok