Posted 4 Nov 2023, 4:20 am
Senior Director Biostatistics at Alector
Our mission is to develop therapies that empower the immune system to combat neurodegeneration and our team is focused on developing treatments for some of the most challenging diseases facing our society. We are supported in this mission by experienced and accomplished scientists and clinicians, a novel portfolio of programs, leading healthcare investors, and pharma company partners, who share in our commitment to bettering the lives of patients and realizing a world where we make brain disorders history
We are looking for a Senior Director, Biostatistics, reporting to the VP of Biostatistics and Analytical Programming. As the Biostatistics Senior Director, you will collaborate with R&D functions to support robust and efficient study designs, develop comprehensive analysis plans, and lead the delivery of study data analysis results. You will be the expert statistical leader providing oversight and strategic feedback for the clinical programs assigned to you. The Senior Director, Biostatistics, will drive the development and implementation of statistical strategy to effectively support drug development You will directly impact company success by increasing the strength of study designs, interpretability of results, Regulatory strategy & interactions, and by implementing innovative methods to improve efficiency & quality of clinical development.
Your priorities will include:
- As the lead Biostatistician for assigned projects and ensure effective, timely and compliant management and delivery of project goals and accountabilities.
- Define the statistical strategy and ensure appropriate statistical methodologies are applied to study designs and data analyses for clinical trials.
- Provide expert statistical input and consultancy to Phase I – IV global clinical trials, lifecycle management activities as well as translational medicine research efforts.
- Ensure a high degree of rigor is applied to the statistical and scientific decision-making process and outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal and external collaborators in study design, analysis, reporting, interpretation, and communication of clinical trial results.
- Author and review critical documents such as briefing documents, protocols, SAP, top-line reports, CSR, and integrated summaries.
- Support the project team and clinical study team including the derivation of go/no-go criteria, summary reports, and results interpretation.
- Participate in FDA and other regulatory body interactions (IND/CTA filings, safety reporting).
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Ph.D. in Statistics or related discipline with 10+ years, or MS with 15+ years of proven experience in the biotechnology or related industry, including interaction and submission experiences with both FDA and EMA.
- Successful project and people management and expertise in the development of CNS diseases.
- Thorough knowledge of life cycle management; consistent track record of innovatively applying statistical principles, theories, and concepts to clinical drug development leading to regulatory approvals.
- Deep hands-on operational experiences in Biostatistics deliverables, including study design, protocol development, CRFs, clinical databases, Statistical Analysis Plans (SAP), SDTM/ADaM datasets, and CSR Tables/Figures/Listings.
- Up to date knowledge of industry and academic developments in the Neuroscience, and apply them to clinical study design and analysis.
- Demonstrated innovative and flexible ability and mindset to work in a changing and demanding environment. Exercise good judgment in interpreting, modifying, and adapting procedures, practices, methods, etc. in accordance with existing policies and standards.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, project management, collaboration, communication, and organization skills.
- Advanced programming skills in SAS, R and other relevant statistical software solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of adaptive designs, Bayesian methodology, trial simulation, and complex modeling.
- Innovative problem-solving capabilities, the agility to respond promptly and completely to time-critical tasks.
At Alector, our vision is bold, people are our priority, and our values are at the core of everything we do. Our dynamic and flexible environment encourages our teams to experiment, take ownership of decisions, and question convention to solve complex problems. We value shared wins, perseverance, and a growth mindset, which drives us forward, together.
Alector was named on Fortune’s "Best Workplaces in Biopharma" top list for small and medium-sized companies for the third consecutive year! And we moved up from #16 to #11 in 2022.
Among the things you'll discover at Alectorfrom your very first day are our committed and driven colleagues, a bold company vision, and new, modern offices designed to inspire innovation and collaboration in South San Francisco, right at the heart of Biotech Bay. Our benefits are thoughtfully designed around Alectorians and their loved ones and include flexible hybrid work options, competitive compensation, and comprehensive and unique benefits that enhance your health and well-being. Come join us!
We believe that hard-working teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives and bring creative ideas to the table. We are committed to building an open, diverse, and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please mention the word **HUMBLE** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTc1 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTc1). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok