Posted 5 Nov 2023, 4:00 pm
Python Web Developer Business Applications Integration at Collabora
Collabora is looking for a Python Web Developer to join our in-house Business Applications Integration team. The team supports, develops and integrates the software and services used within the company to help deliver client projects and effectively run the business. The team is not client facing. Working in a friendly and highly cooperative environment with colleagues from every part of the company, you will help to deliver software and integrate services involved in planning, business intelligence, communications, project management, security and accounting.
Collabora primarily uses Open Source Software applications to run its business processes (timelogging, invoicing, feedback, project management, asset management, communications, business intelligence...) integrating with other 3rd party SaaS applications (HRIS, ATS, Finance Accounting, Travel Booking). Some of our tools are developed in-house and others are customised from open source projects to suit our use cases. Examples of our software tools include: GitLab (with GitLab CI), Docker/Podman, Grafana, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SuiteCRM, Phabricator, OTRS, SnipeIT, Hugo, Ansible, and an in-house developed Django web application, among others.\n
- Strong Python
- 5+ years of application integration experience
- Experience building for the web, especially using Django
- Solid experience coding with REST APIs
- Understanding of typical web architectures and stacks
- A respectful and pragmatic approach to providing technical support
- Good English proficiency (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in an online, globally distributed company
Additional Skills for Senior Applicants
- Experience writing well-tested code in business critical systems (e.g. finance)
- Familiarity with container-based working, e.g. Docker, Podman, Kubernetes
- Experience in Business Applications Integration and Automation
- Experience using, maintaining and designing CI
- Experience with database schema design and optimisation
- A solid grounding in Linux system and database administration and networking concepts
- A positive approach to designing and developing applications with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience building and using existing web APIs in order to integrate systems
- Demonstrable technical writing skills (documentation, blogs)
- Skills in other modern languages (Go/Rust/Ruby) and frameworks such as Laravel, Rails
- Knowledge of security- and privacy-by-design principles
- A willingness to mentor more junior engineers
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face.
Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio
Please mention the word **BALANCED** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTc1 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTc1). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok