Posted 3 Nov 2023, 2:30 am
Data Analyst at Varo Bank
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
The Analytics team is lean, high functioning and impact-focused. If you can see different angles for business/product opportunities, synthesize large amounts of data, connect the dots amidst ambiguity, and want to deliver clear and measurable impact from day one, Varo welcomes you!\n
What you'll be doing
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing business and share insights around the key metrics that drive the company
- Conduct data analysis, using different analytical and statistical approaches, to make business recommendations
- Analysis areas might include (but not limited to): commercial analytics, product feature analysis, portfolio credit exposure, delinquency propensity models, forecasting)
- Create & automate reports, iteratively build & prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for business priorities
- Work with Product, Engineering and cross functional teams to provide analytical support for ongoing needs and large initiatives
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
You bring the following required skills and experiences
- 4+ years of experience in an analytical role providing business analysis, developing dashboards, and presenting results to leadership
- 4+ years of experience in SQL queries, Tableau (and other BI tools), and day-to-day use of R/Python is a plus
- Experience articulating business questions, scripting with SQL/Python to pull data from datasets, and adapting quantitative techniques to solve complex problems
- Experience with experimentation, risk assessment, measuring ROI of initiatives, and automating dashboards and reports to track business performance
- Track record of successfully communicating data-driven insights
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants:
Please mention the word **UNAFFECTED** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok