Posted 3 Nov 2023, 4:25 am
Office Manager at Xilis, Inc.
Based in Durham, North Carolina, Xilis, Inc. is a biotechnology company developing a precision oncology platform that guides treatment decisions for oncologists to improve cancer care outcomes for patients and supports drug discovery and development for pharmaceutical companies. Xilis’ proprietary MicroOrganoSpheres (MOS) are miniature patient tumors that capture the full microenvironment and heterogeneity and provide an automated and scalable solution. Using MOS and AI-driven algorithms, Xilis is developing a Xilis Response Score™ for the clinic, enabling oncologists to make informed and timely treatment decisions. Additionally, the MOS technology is speeding up the development and clinical trials of cancer drugs by enabling analysis of authentic tumor microenvironments, high-throughput preclinical modeling, and clinical patient selection capabilities.
We are supported in this mission by top Silicon Valley, New York, and international venture firms that are leaders in the healthcare space and have invested in top precision medicine companies including Foundation Medicine and Guardant Health.
The candidate will join the company in a critical support role across most functions of the company and will be responsible for the office space, including ensuring supplies are always stocked, managing janitorial, delivery, and other critical day-to-day services to the company. The candidate will have a crucial role in maintaining and improving a healthy culture within our environment and generally improve the quality of life and experience of employees at the company and will report to the Head of Operations. The role is twenty-five hours per week and primarily on-site. The business generally needs to be supported between 11:00 and 2:00 and the schedule is flexible based on the needs of the business and the candidate’s preference.\n
- Contribute to the success of the company in an extremely versatile fashion, and support the team wherever needed
- Manage Xilis’ relationship with some of the key service providers: catering, janitorial, office suppliers, facilities, landlord, etc...
- Planning and hosting company events on site and remote
- Assist in scheduling needs for the leadership team
- Share thoughts and ideas on how to improve performance at the company
- Perform support tasks across the company as needs arise
- High school diploma, associates or bachelors degree preferred
- An outstanding level of written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- A demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly and contribute productively at a high-level of professionalism
- A proven track record of succeeding across a wide variety of activities
- A strong enthusiasm for being in the office to personally contribute to activities hands-on
- A strong sense of commitment, work ethics, integrity, and preference for handling challenges collaboratively
- Experience and interest in a high-growth startup, where communication is key
Xilis was created when its three founders — an engineer, a physician, and a biologist — decided to come together and commercialize their technology to transform cancer care. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Furthermore, even if your work experience isn't perfectly aligned with what we've described above, if you're excited about what we're building then we want to talk to you! Xilis offers comprehensive health, vision, dental & retirement plans and unlimited PTO. We are a remote-friendly team: our headquarters are in Durham, North Carolina, but we have team members across the US (and beyond!).
Please mention the word **GAINFUL** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok