Posted 3 Nov 2023, 4:25 am
Director Biostatistics at Dyne Therapeutics
The Director, Biostatistics will provide leadership and guidance for clinical development program(s). This person will be responsible for statistical activities including: designing innovative clinical trials, authoring statistical sections of protocols, preparing statistical analysis plans, ensuring quality in implementation of statistical analysis, interpreting and communicating the results of statistical analysis of clinical trial data in support of regulatory submissions as well as manuscripts, and leading biostatistics support for worldwide regulatory submissions. The ideal candidate must be a good communicator, exhibit high-energy, self-motivation, and forward‑thinking. Experience working in rare disease is desirable.
This role is based in Waltham, MA without the possibility of being a remote role.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as a biostatistics expert for assigned clinical studies or compound-level activities
- Effectively interact with members in other functions including medical, regulatory, safety, clinical operation, and translational medicine for strategic planning to ensure optimized clinical development in accordance with corporate objective
- Work collaboratively with internal and external (e.g., CRO) team members to coordinate the planning and execution of statistical deliverables
- Contribute to clinical protocol development, including authoring of the Statistics section and reviewing of other sections by applying statistical principles
- Design and specify stratification /randomization schema; review and approve test randomization lists
- Collaborate with Data Management, Clinical Development and Clinical Operations on design and review of eCRFs, and ensure data collection meet the requirements of statistical analyses
- Author or oversee the development of statistical analysis plans for clinical trials and for integrated summaries of safety/effectiveness (ISS/ISE), provide guidance to statistical programmers on SDTM/ADaM and oversee the development of shells for tables, figures and listings
- Provide statistical input to data monitoring committee (DMC) charters, independent review charters, and other study-level documents
- Validate the results of key statistical deliverables
- Contributes to clinical study reports and other regulatory documents e.g. DSURs, Briefing Documents, etc.
- Perform ad hoc and exploratory statistical analyses as needed
- Be accountable for assigned statistical activities in support of IND/NDA/MAA or other regulatory submissions
- Address statistical questions/comments from FDA and other regulatory agencies, and review and address comments by IRB/ECs
- Support and contribute to the preparation of publications, including manuscripts, posters and oral presentations
- Represent Dyne regarding statistical issues in meetings with external parties including regulatory agencies and corporate partners
- Identify and implement emerging new ways of doing clinical development and new methodologies
- Contribute or lead standardization and process improvement efforts for Biostatistics function and contribute to cross-functional process improvement efforts
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Ph.D. in statistics or Biostatistics or equivalent with at least 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Interest in and basic understanding of biology and biological process including ASO and siRNA
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials
- Experience in NDAs, MAAs or other regulatory submissions desirable
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methods for clinical trials, including both frequentist and Bayesian approaches
- Knowledge of FDA, EMA and ICH regulations and guidelines
- Proficient in statistical programming (SAS is required and R is a plus)
- Experience with trial design software (e.g., EAST)
- Ability to concurrently lead statistical efforts for multiple studies
- Understanding of data standards, including SDTM and ADaM
- Adept at overseeing statistical services provided by CRO’s and/or contractors
- Ability to work independently and act with initiative to address issues
- Ability to effectively communicate statistical concepts in a clear and concise manner both written and verbally.
Please mention the word **PROFUSE** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok