Posted 3 Nov 2023, 6:10 pm
Environment Modeler Feature Animation at Bardel Entertainment
The Environment Modeler works with the Asset Supervisor and/or CG Supervisor to define the appearance for CG assets for a particular project. You will play a pivotal role in bringing our animated worlds to life. You will work closely with our creative team to design and model environments that captivate audiences and contribute to the overall storytelling experience. Your passion for artistry and your technical skills will be integral in shaping our projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create highly detailed, visually stunning 3D environments that match the artistic direction and vision of the project.
- Collaborate with other departments, including texturing, lighting, and animation, to ensure seamless integration of environment assets into the animation pipeline.
- Conduct research and gather reference materials to ensure accuracy and authenticity in environmental design.
- Optimize environment assets for efficient rendering and performance while maintaining visual quality.
- Demonstrate sound working knowledge of modeling tools (Maya preferred, Mudbox as an additional plus) and techniques to create models (environments, props and sets) for our animated project
- Create blend shape setups for environments, hard surface, props and other elements
- Translate 2D drawings and concepts into 3D models
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of modeling experience on fully animated or hybrid feature films
- Strong understanding of design principles, composition, and visual storytelling.
- Excellent knowledge in Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Experience in Mudbox is a benefit
- Knowledge of various renderers like Vray or Renderman is an asset.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to take creative direction and feedback.
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Knowledge of texturing and shading principles is a plus.
Salary Range $1400 - $1600 CAD Weekly The Salary Range is the span between the minimum and maximum base salary for a position. The midpoint of the range is approximately halfway between the minimum and the maximum and represents an employee that possesses full job knowledge, qualifications and experience for the position. In the normal course, employees will be hired, transferred or promoted between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range for a job.
Please mention the word **ROMANTIC** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok