Posted 3 Nov 2023, 6:10 pm
Previs Layout Supervisor Feature Animation at Bardel Entertainment
The main responsibility of the Layout Supervisor is to take the storyboard and animatic of the project and transform them into a 3D setting. This involves guiding and overseeing the layout team, as well as establishing the workflow for the department to bring the director's artistic vision to life. The Layout Supervisor operates under the direction of both the Director and the 3D Supervisor. In this role, the Layout Supervisor supervises, assists, and inspires the artists in the layout department, ensuring that their work meets high-quality standards. Furthermore, as the Layout Supervisor, they contribute their technical and artistic expertise to enhance the execution of each project.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute, oversee, and uphold timing and production targets aligned with the coordination team's directives;
- Attend and engage actively in meetings;
- Delegate, oversee, and assess the layout team's assignments;
- Participate in layout reviews alongside the Director and 3D Supervisor.
- Clarify any required revisions to artists and ensure follow-up on these revisions in cooperation with the coordination team;
- Keep the team informed of project-related updates and developments;
- Instruct and oversee the team's activities throughout the production process;
- Enhance procedures and tools for production optimization.
- Ensure that the conversion of the storyboard into a 3D scene aligns with the director's directives regarding framing and camera movement.
- Maintain close coordination with other supervisors to facilitate a seamless transition into animation, rendering, etc., and provide ongoing support to the team during production.
- Proactively identify and address potential and actual technical issues from storyboard to final layout.
- Create guidelines and instructions for Modeling Artists – Environment and the set dressing team.
- Develop and oversee the layout workflow, including nomenclature, references, resource requirements, methodologies, tools, schedules, and work assignments.
- Verify the consistency of the layout team's work.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for the team and other supervisors.
- Serve as the primary liaison for inter-departmental communication.
- Readily address inquiries from your team and other teams
- Provide constructive feedback to each artist regarding their performance;
- Actively engage in the process of selecting new artists;
- Provide support and facilitate the onboarding of new employees;
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned by management
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in Layout/Previs, preferably in the context of a full CG feature film.
- 3+ years of experience as a Layout/Previs Supervisor, preferably in the context of a full CG feature film.
- Degree/diploma or equivalent in the fields of 2D or 3D computer graphics, graphic design, or visual arts.
- A keen eye for visual composition and a solid understanding of camera techniques.
- Strong storytelling abilities are essential for this role.
- Ability to maintain visual continuity throughout a scene.
- Excellent proficiency in Maya.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train and guide a team of professionals.
- Familiarity with the workflows of other departments is important, as is experience with Shotgun.
Please mention the word **EXCEEDS** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok