Posted 3 Nov 2023, 6:53 pm
Financial Analyst at Polygon Technology
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
As a Financial Analyst at Polygon, you will be working closely with the accounting and finance leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long term financial and strategic plan
About the Team
The Team is composed of individuals from all over the world working together to build the gold standard in Web3 Accounting & Finance. Most of us here are passionate about Web3 and the future of technology.
A Day in the Life
No two days will be the same! The Web3 space is constantly evolving, and the Finance Team at Polygon needs to keep up. Most days will be fast paced and dynamic.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with Business Unit heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Producing models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to the Leadership team
- Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Communicate to senior management the reasons behind the product/department performance and results
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on cost center results
- Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
- Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts
- Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modeling, forecasts and profitability
What you’ll need - Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant analytical experience
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Able to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus
- Having a CFA or equivalent is preferred.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs
Website | Twitter | Developer Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn
Please mention the word **ECSTATICALLY** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzYuOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok