Posted 2 Nov 2023, 7:55 am
Director of Engineering DevOps at Paytm
DevOps - Director of Engineering
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants Paytm offers acquiring devices like Sound box, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team: To solve some of the most complex Devops issues across the globe. Some of our DNA fingerprints are: Cloud-First: Paytm is a cloud-first company where we work on some of the largest cloud (AWS) workloads.Scalability: We tame scale. Our definition of scale is - PBs of data, millions of requests per minute, few thousand micro services hosted on a few hundred thousand cores.Innovation is our blood. Automation is our key Mantra. We work smartly. We have designed one of the world's largest CI platforms, our own AWS cost management platform, EBS auto scale (Yes we downscale EBS without even an MS of outage), and so on. Observability: One of the best in-house designed observability systems processing a few 10s of millions of events per second and many more.
About the role: Must have the ability work with Architecture governance, DevOps and Engineering teams to set up the CICD pipeline. Must be hands-on to implement the changes to the pipeline and operationally manage the same.
· Must be around 15+ years of IT experience which 5+years in running DevOps Practice
· Must have built & operate entire DevOps, SRE, Infra practice on scaled environment
· Exp in AWS /GCP. Implement systems infrastructure best practices, building tools and deploy impeccable sites/software
· Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development Operations
· Hire, build team & run the entire DevOps practice / deliverables for a large organization
· Must have led DevOps practice in a fairly large organization with significant customer scale.
· leading cross-functional teams in a hands-on manner, diagnosing complex issues on the various platforms, application architectural
· Hands on Technical Professional with demonstrate experience in Architecting automation, CI/CD and application performance management tools
· Prior experience in setting up an instance in Datacenter and Cloud environment
· Experience working with Web, Internet & Load Balancing and Big data technologies
· Solid administration capabilities of Big Data ecosystems - Hadoop, hive, spark, Cassandra
· Strong tech/engineering acumen around latest technologies, native cloud/mobile development
· Experience with database technologies - Redis, HBase, MySQL, MongoDB and Cassandra
· Must have experience in configuration management tools Puppet, CHEF, fabric, and Ansible
· Must have experience in any one of the programming languages - Python/Ruby/Perl
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role
● High level of drive, initiative and self-motivation
● Ability to take internal and external stakeholders along
● Understanding of Technology and User Experience
● Love for simplifying
● Growth Mindset
● Willingness to experiment and improve continuously
Why join us
● A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
● Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
● A solid 360 feedbacks from your peer teams on your support of their goals
● Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you with enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
Please mention the word **TRUTHFUL** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok