Posted 2 Nov 2023, 4:20 pm
Risk & Control Manager at Monzo
📍London OR UK Remote | 💰£60,000 - £80,000 Dependent on experience + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
Risk at Monzo
Like any other regulated bank, we need to make sure we are managing our risks and controls and are fully compliant with our regulation, but at Monzo we want to do so while continuing with our agile “test and learn” approach to launching products. We are looking for a Risk & Controls Manager to help our Risk & Control Discipline partner with key product areas and ensure we successfully roll-out and embed our risk management framework across the first line.
As a Risk & Control Manager, you will use your passion for risk and control to support the Product space, helping them stay in control as they build and ship at pace. Monzo is a fast-paced and ever changing environment, flexibility, and openness to pivot and focus on different product areas as needed is a must.
Teams across the first line in Monzo seek guidance from the Risk & Control Discipline on how to ensure they are compliant with regulations, Monzo’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework and rely on us to create a risk aware culture that distinguishes Monzo in both banking and technology. Within the Product space, you will lead the way in real-time risk management by ensuring key risk indicators are well-defined and understood, incidents are managed, MI and reporting packs are comprehensive, and risk assessments are completed in good time.
- Lead risk assessments - both general risk and control self-assessments, and change risk assessments for product and feature launches
- Support the first line in developing and improving controls that protect our customer and business needs now and in the future
- Ensure governance-related requirements are met - including documentation and approvals
- Manage and report on the risk and control environment (risks, controls, issues, incidents, remedial actions, etc)
- Manage regulatory and audit deadlines and submissions
- Help innovate and improve on the effectiveness of governance and risk management process to ensure they work for Monzo
- Help embed robust regulatory, conduct, and operational risk practices and culture
- Foster positive and collaborative relationships across the three lines of defence
You should apply if:
- You have considerable risk and control experience with consumer financial products in a regulated environment
- You have an understanding of The Consumer Duty, and conduct risk and experience applying these regulations and principles to day-to-day work
- You have experience with RCSAs, control testing, and issue and action management
- You’re excited about helping Monzo scale in a compliant, thoughtful and controlled way
- You’re resilient and comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment where the day to day job is constantly evolving and changing
- You are able to meet people where they are at, and be the a bridge between internal teams and represent Monzo before auditors and regulators
- You are a self-starter, and able to work independently and make prioritisation decisions
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Short call with a recruiter
- 30 minute video-call call with the hiring manager
- 2 x 60 minute interviews conducted via GoogleMeet
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're also happy for this to be a distributed role working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for, training courses and conferences➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Please mention the word **BRAVO** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok