Posted 2 Nov 2023, 10:00 pm
Senior Engineering Manager Infrastructure at Carta
The Team You’ll Work With
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for providing secure, reliable, scalable and performant Infrastructure to Carta’s customers and developers.
We are Software and Infrastructure Engineers who specialize in cloud computing, networking, systems design and architecture, associated automation, tooling and processes. We possess a breadth and depth of knowledge about Carta’s infrastructure that translates into leverage for Carta’s business.
The Problems You’ll Solve
We welcome leaders who can lead diverse, thoughtful, and driven engineers while balancing technical direction, collaboration and people development.
As a Senior Engineering Manager, here are some of the exciting problems to solve:
- Lead: Mentor, grow, and empower your team
- Own: Be responsible for the availability, scalability and reliability of Carta's cloud infrastructure
- Partner: Partner with peer organizations throughout the company to ensure that their infrastructure needs are met. Developer Experience is a critical component of this role
- Deliver: Build a culture of execution. Define metrics, tools, and practices to ensure the team is delivering significant business impact
- Handle performance: Provide (and seek) regular feedback from your teams
- Technical direction: Directionally align the design and technology choices with overall engineering strategy. Align initiatives with the top business goals at Carta
You will act as a technical leader on all things related to the team’s domain architecture to help and empower engineers in making technical decisions. You will work closely with other Platform Infrastructure and Product teams to build and scale their services.
You are excited by the idea of developing scalable, reliable and efficient infrastructure that powers the entire company. Our stack is Python, Golang, Terraform, gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes running on AWS. Come join us!
Here is what we are looking for:
- Experience in successfully delivering large scale projects that include technical deep-dives and solving production issues in all or some of these areas: compute, networking, communications, storage, operating systems, and software engineering
- Experience writing production quality code in a major programming language, such as Python, Java, Go
- A strong perspective on positive customer and developer experience
- A consistent track record of leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring geographically distributed teams with passion for developing engineering careers
- Ability to empower teams and resolve disagreements with empathy
- Experience in building services and have successfully taken projects from inception to production
- Deep understanding of Linux, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Endorsement of infrastructure as a code and passion for software development and automation
- Production experience with public cloud technologies
The Interview Process
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $255,200 - $319,000 in San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; or New York City, NY
- $229,680 - $287,100 in Seattle, WA
We are hiring for multiple levels and locations, so final offers may vary from the amounts listed based on geography, experience and expertise, and other factors.
Please mention the word **SALUTARY** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok