Posted 1 Nov 2023, 3:30 am
Software Engineer Software Platform and Architecture at Outrider
Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Software Engineer, Software Platform and Architecture position is responsible for developing and maintaining the software architecture, infrastructure, and tooling on our autonomous vehicles. An engineer in this role will develop foundational software that controls the configuration and bring up of our robots, how software nodes on the vehicles communicate with each other, and how data is streamed to the cloud.\n
Duties & Key Objectives
- Design and implement software that forms the foundation and infrastructure for our robotic systems
- Develop software that governs how our vehicles are updated and configured as well as how software gets launched on vehicle bring up
- Assist in interface design at the intersection of robotics and cloud services
- Help develop, improve, implement software standards and best practices across the software organization
- Work cross functionally with other AV engineering teams as well as commercial and support teams
- Contribute generally to the growth and success of the Company and the building of a vibrant culture focused on the responsible deployment of zero-emission autonomous vehicle technology
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree 2+ years of professional experience reading/writing/debugging C++ and Python code
- Experience or familiarity interfacing robotic software applications using web and/or cloud technologies
- Experience developing robotic software with ROS
- Familiarity with Linux development and target environments
- Proven experience in ownership of full software development life cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's Degree
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with modern cloud services
- UI development experience
- Strong communications skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $105,000 - 137,000
- Actual compensation is based on several factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, qualifications, experience, and specific work location due to differences in the cost of labor. In addition to a base salary, this role is also eligible for benefits, and equity bonus.
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
To protect yourself against the increasing number of recruiting scams, please make sure that you are communicating with Outrider Technologies, Inc. or one of its employees. The only way to communicate with us is through our corporate website at www.outrider.ai, through corporate emails utilizing our domain name of @outrider.ai, and through our job board at jobs.lever.co/outrider. Be vigilant when checking domains because imitators often make very small changes to trick the eye. Additionally, please know that Outrider does not use text messaging or public messaging platforms, such as Telegram or Whatsapp, to communicate with candidates and Outrider will never ask an employment candidate for financial information or for payment of any kind.
Please mention the word **LUXURY** and tag RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok