Posted 1 Nov 2023, 10:00 am
Organized Play Trust and Safety Program Manager at The PokÃ©mon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. OP Trust and Safety Program Manager
- Job Summary: Works with stakeholders to develop clear and concise policies encompassing tournament rules, behavioral expectations, and compliance. Works to identify and engage vendors where needed and develops and implements processes to support Organized Play (OP) functional groups. Owns all aspects of program discipline and communication with a focus on maintaining a positive, safe, and family-friendly environment for all customers.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
Create, publish, and maintain all Play! program compliance policies and documentation including, but not limited to retail, event, player, and Professor policies
Drive global policy creation and disciplinary procedures for the Play! Program
Develop and perform consistent program audits including retail program and rules compliance as wells as pattern of behavior analysis
Liaise with Legal, OP and Event teams regularly on compliance action items
Develop systems to improve identification, reporting, tracking, and auditing of policy violations
Work with R&D and OP teams to create internal and external documentation to provide guidance on rules and policies that encourage fair play within each program vertical
Drive all aspects of Professor Onboarding including vendor relationships
Produce regular program reporting on the major pillars of Trust & Safety: policy, compliance, and Professor onboarding
Collaborate with the Professor Program Manager to educate members on program philosophy and expectations
Serve as a central point of escalation for Trust and Safety matters
Travel to domestic and international live events, supporting onsite event staff where needed for penalty and disciplinary actions
What you’ll bring
Eight (8) to eleven (11) years of related professional experience.
Strong technical writing skills
Strong sense of right and wrong and a passion for fairness
Attention to detail
Places high value on consistency
Experience in the tabletop games industry is a plus
Existing knowledge of the Pokémon brand and Play! program a plus
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $125,000 - $148,200. The full range is $125,000 - $187,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Please mention the word **GLOWINGLY** and tag RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok