Posted 1 Nov 2023, 5:00 pm
Intern at Sophos
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
Cloud Optix delivers the continuous analysis and visibility organizations need to detect, respond, and prevent security and compliance gaps while finding ways to optimize cloud spend. The Sophos Cloud Security Posture Management tool provides a single view of security posture across AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes and infrastructure-as-code environments.
It also provides an opportunity to any software engineer who wants to tackle truly challenging problems in building high scale distributed system and build cloud security platform.
As a member of the Sophos Public Cloud development team, you’ll work closely with software engineers, architects, product management and others to design and scalable services and architecture and quickly bring public cloud security and compliance new features to market. As part of an agile scrum team, you will design & develop platform features and promote best practices for the continuously evolving Cloud security platform. You will work with other Sophos product development teams to understand and build features that leverage their feature set to enhance the security posture and provide a unified approach to cloud platforms.\n
What you will do
- Collaborating with experienced developers on real-world projects
- Testing and debugging applications to ensure optimal performance
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends and best practices in Java and web development
- Implementing database functionality and performing CRUD operations
- Build new product features in Sophos Cloud Optix that our customers love
- Own your modules and be responsible for their operational uptime in production
- Address defects within well-defined SLAs to ensure that our customers stay happy
- Write backend code in Java or other languages i
- Write automated unit and integration tests to execute within CI/CD pipelines
- Take pride in authorship of code and hold your teammates to equally high standards.
- Work with best of breed Cloud technologies.
- Learn new technologies and skills and apply them to your work.
- Work in an Agile environment, releasing software frequently.
What you will bring
- Sound computing knowledge of algorithms & data structures
- Solid knowledge of the Java programming language
- Basic understanding of Java frameworks like Spring boot, and their core components
- Understanding of databases and SQL
- Eagerness to learn and a genuine passion for web development
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Nice to have
- Experience developing in AWS/Azure/Google Cloud environments
- Understanding of security products and secure coding technique
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.
Please mention the word **FEARLESSLY** and tag RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok