Posted 1 Nov 2023, 6:30 pm
Associate Design Director at 2K
Cloud Chamber is looking for an Associate Design Director to join our team to solve creative design challenges and create memorable immersive experiences. In collaboration with the Design Director, and the wider directorate on game vision, you will interpret the overall vision of the project and translate that into deliverable gameplay loops, mechanics, and player stories. You will partner with the production team and discipline leads to prioritize and structure working groups to meet the project's development targets.
- Advocate for the creative direction of our game.
- Act as the studio’s primary point of feedback for Level Design Teams throughout the game, synthesizing the high level direction from the Creative Director and the Brand Design Chief.
- Partner with the Game Systems Leadership Team to understand and influence how game systems will be fully realized within the Game Architecture and Level Design. Give feedback on weapons and 3C’s.
- Help outline the gameplay experience (landmarks, encounters, flow, rhythm, tension, pacing, variety, etc.).
- Pitch ideas, solve difficult creative problems, and brainstorm solutions with a collaborative mindset.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with the Project Leadership Team, presenting the creative achievements of the team and negotiating feature / change requests.
- Partner with the Brand Design Chief and validate that any changes or improvements to the game fall within the boundaries of the Title and the Player Expectations.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Review and provide feedback on integrated work and gameplay features to achieve quality.
- Direct your team to reinforce the design vision by setting benchmarks, experimenting and tackling setbacks.
- Find solutions to root issues uncovered by play testers and cross-functional teams.
Skills, Experience et Qualifications:
- Previous experience shipping a AAA title in a Lead, Associate Director, or Director position.
- Extensive experience with Immersive Sim Level Design, preferably with an understanding of the Historical context and improvement of their recent evolution.
- Strong understanding of Game Systems, Game Economies, Player Progression/Loadouts and Game Balancing.
- Strong Visual Storytelling skills.
- Presentation Skills; creating decks, presenting vision, engaged public speaking.
- Exceptionally skillful in conceptualizing and creating game concepts.
- Experience working within cross discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments.
- Experience working with Unreal 5.
- Experience with Jira, Perforce, or Shotgun.
- Collaborative work ethic and mentality; ability to collaborate with Art, Narrative and Systems to achieve a holistic result.
- Strong communication skills and an open-minded professional attitude.
- You have a love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. Below are the expected salary and wage ranges for applicants based in locations where the pay transparency law is in effect:
Colorado: $135,000 and $200,000 per year
California: $145,000 and $210,000 per year
New York State (inclusive of New York City): $145,000 and $210,000 per year
Washington: $135,000 and $200,000 per year
Base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, 4 including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Please mention the word **ROMANTICIZE** and tag RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok